Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christopher Amirian 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Christopher Amirian.

Author Posts
July 31, 2020 at 6:48 pm #6717331

dmitrijsH

Tell us what you are trying to do? Set proper tax rate for a product. However, when editing a product, I see tax rate options in the dashboard language and in one of the site's languages. Please see the screenshot.

tax rates in two languages.png
August 2, 2020 at 2:13 pm #6721949

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Yerevan (GMT+04:00)

Hi there,

Let me first make sure that I understood the issue correctly.

You went to Woocommerce > Settings > Tax > Additional tax classes and added extra taxes in Russian there?

If that is the case it is not a correct way of doing that. The Tax Class should be added in the original language and if it is English for you, you need to add all the classes in English there.

Then you can go to WPML > String Translation and search for the additional tax class in question and there translate it to Russian.

If the problem is something else, please kindly get back to us with the steps that you took to add the Tax Classes and translate them.

Thank you.

August 3, 2020 at 8:25 pm #6728663

dmitrijsH

Hello,

Thank you, I have removed those texts in Russian and they do not appear anymore.

However, I am sure that I have never added these rates myself. It might have appeared while I was updating something (WPML or Woocommerce). For now it works.

I would be grateful if you could tell me what could have been affected by that. But most probably everything is fine because the Russian rates have never been used.

Sincerely,

August 6, 2020 at 5:31 am #6745961

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Yerevan (GMT+04:00)

Hi there,

I am not sure what might cause the additional ones, but if there is no product assigned to those tax classes you have no issues going forward.

I'm glad that the problem is fixed.