This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: WHen I activate WooCommerce Multilingual, I get an error about translated taxonomies.

Solution: This message is appearing because you have Product Tags set to not translatable. Please go to WPML -> Settings and in the taxonomies section, set Product Tags to translatable. Then this message will disappear.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by colourI 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
September 26, 2018 at 9:53 am

colourI

Hello,
When I made the installation of the woocommerce multiligual plugin, so active it gives error of taxonomies. I've already made the suggestions he says. Changing the theme stays the same, and disable the plugins only when active woocommerce multiligual is giving the error ..

Can solve

September 27, 2018 at 4:43 pm #2771282

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

This message is appearing because you have Product Tags set to not translatable. Please go to WPML -> Settings and in the taxonomies section, set Product Tags to translatable. Then this message will disappear.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

September 28, 2018 at 9:11 am #2773003

colourI

Hi Lauren
Thanks for your response.
That solved one problem but now it shows another error message saying tat

"We found that the product_type field was set incorrectly for some product translations. This happened because the product_type taxonomy was translated. You can correct this in the WooCommerce Multilingual troubleshooting page."

How can we fix this? We have the taxionomie as Not translatable

Thanks

September 28, 2018 at 1:56 pm #2774127

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Please make a full back up of your site. Then click that link to WooCommerce Multilingual which will bring you to the troubleshooting page.

Then, click "Start" under Fix product taxonomy terms. Does the error message go away after this?

If this does not resolve the issue, go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting. Look for 'Clean up' and click the following:

- Synchronize product taxonomies
- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Fix Terms count
- Fix post assignment for translations

After these steps, does the error message disappear?

October 2, 2018 at 5:39 pm #2782412

colourI

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!