Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by osamuW 2 years, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
February 25, 2019 at 1:05 pm #3239857

osamuW

We have English and French site. On the French site, taxonomy "Category" in French disappeared. See attached the screenshots.
We use WordPress version 5.0.3
Avada Theme version 5.8.2

English post.jpg
French post.jpg
February 26, 2019 at 10:59 am #3244354

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

When you say disappeared - do you know what caused it? Was it there before, but recent Avada or WPML update removed it?

This looks like a string within post template (or whichever template is there), and not taxonomy itself - have you tried locating it within String Translation, or scanning Avada to see if WPML will pick it up and then translating it?

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/#scanning-themes-for-texts

Regards,
Bruno Kos

February 26, 2019 at 1:01 pm #3244925

osamuW

Hi Bruno,
Thanks for your assistance. Yes, it was there before and probably the recent Avada/WPML update removed it.

Please see attached the screenshot. It seems that the "categories" translation has been completed.

Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 7.56.08 AM.jpg
February 26, 2019 at 4:23 pm #3246091

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

It may or may not be that exact string. Perhaps this string is something else, from another theme location (since Avada itself is quite complex). Therefore, let's examine which template this is - can you install this plugin:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/show-current-template/

And open this page so that we identify which template this is exactly?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

February 26, 2019 at 10:05 pm #3247502

osamuW

You said "open this page so that we identify which template this is exactly". What page do you mean?

February 27, 2019 at 9:37 am #3249289

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I meant the page on which this "Category" string is appearing, so that we know which template is Avada calling (so the page from the screenshot).

Regards,
Bruno Kos

February 27, 2019 at 9:32 pm #3252604

osamuW

Okay. I installed the plugin you suggested. The page is hidden link

February 28, 2019 at 7:14 am #3253813

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Ok, I can see that it is the part of fusion builder meta info. I will have to check if this string is indeed ready for translation or not. Can you install this plugin as well:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/string-locator/

And then I will check within the code how this string is set.

I will also need temporary WordPress admin username so I could investigate the issue directly. I have marked your next reply private so you can safely add this information.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Please make a full backup of your site before sharing this info!

You can use plugins such as UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/) or ask your host to perform a site backup.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

March 4, 2019 at 7:02 am #3267270

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I will need to escalate this to our Compatibility team most likely. However, may I ask you if you can reach out to Avada developers if they have a possible filter or some other hint for this? Because if they do, that will be much faster than going through the escalation process.

The only location where I see that this string is rendered is here:

wp-content/themes/Avada/includes/lib/inc/functions.php

However, I am not sure where does Category come from or which line renders it. I don't think this is an admin string that would go through custom XML configuration.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

avada-vode.jpg
March 6, 2019 at 12:52 am #3276514

osamuW

Hi Bruno,
I truly appreciated your dedicated support. Apparently, my Avada support was expired and I was asked to purchase another 6-month support from them. I am wondering if you can contact Avada support as they are always improving its compatibility with major plugs like WPML. Your support has been very much appreciated.

March 6, 2019 at 6:44 pm #3281004

osamuW

I installed Avada and set the same theme options settings as the existing site. I installed the same plugs as well. I uploaded one post as you requested.

March 7, 2019 at 8:52 am #3282961

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

See this:
hidden link

It works here. On your site, I've literally checked everywhere, all the settings are correct. Also, the string is registered in database as well.

Before asking our 2nd tier for an opinion, can you try the following:
- fix the max input vars limit (ask your host about this, tell them to set it to at least 3000)
- try removing Avada altogether and installing it anew?
- clearing any possible server cache if there is one

Regards,
Bruno Kos

input-vars.jpg
March 20, 2019 at 3:40 pm #3390037

osamuW

Hi Bruno,
Thanks so much for your continuous support with your timely response. It seems that the issue has been resolved.