This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by umarF 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
April 29, 2019 at 11:52 am #3702937

umarF

I am trying to: Duplicate original post from Arabic to English language

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link (معلومات النسخ (Copying Information))

I expected to see: The corresponding Taxonomy value of Arabic to English.

Instead, I got: Empty value (check attached)

April 30, 2019 at 12:11 am #3707031

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. As these fields are dynamic, you will most likely need to use some WPML hooks so you can convert those values backend only.

This happens because it seems, this option has some items and in each language, the item ID will be different. So even copying this option, since the IDs are different, the corresponding option will not be selected.

What are the exact steps for creating these fields? I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please let me know exactly what steps should I follow to see the problem.

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

May 8, 2019 at 6:13 am #3764003

umarF

The website went to live and i am in a situation to not to share the access. Unfortunately.

The steps to re-produce,
1. We have a custom taxonomy called 'post categories'
2. We created a new ACF field with Taxonomy type (hidden link). Using that field we get those taxonomy values via ACF.
3. Now creating a new post in Arabic language. Check the values as mentioned in the screenshot. Publish.
4. When i duplicate that post to English, the values are empty as shown in the other screenshot.

May 9, 2019 at 4:05 am #3772953

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Sure. I've created a testing environment for you to test. Please, could you replicate the problem in our testing environment?

If so, you can access the link (you will be automatically logged in): hidden link

Thank you.

May 9, 2019 at 7:23 am #3773625

umarF

Thank you Bruno for this sandbox instance. I really appreciate this.

In the sandbox site it works good. I noticed 'Advanced Custom Fields Multilingual' plugin was installed in there. But not in our website 😐

When we installed in ours and did few config's it works good.

May 9, 2019 at 7:23 am #3773633

umarF

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!