This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Amir 8 years, 4 months ago.

Author Posts
May 12, 2011 at 5:50 pm #27848

ooluja

I have a weird problem.
All worked fine with the taxonomies tag added before publishing the translations. After publishing all the posts in all languages (translations), I've forgot to add some taxonomy tags, so I decided to add them after the translations, and then edit the published posts and check the boxes for the newly created tags. All works fine with the default language, but when I wanted to add this taxonomy tags to translations also, there were no newly created tags in the translation.
Example in pictures:
Default language post: (newly created taxonomy tag "lift")
hidden link
Translation: (without the newly created tag "lift")
hidden link
The only way now to check the box "lift" is to manualy edit the translated posts. :/
Someone know the answer?

May 13, 2011 at 8:32 am #27850

Amir
Supporter

I want to make sure that I understand what you're doing, so that we can reproduce it.
Did you resend the pages to translation in the Translation Dashboard?
If you just click again on 'Edit', it's not going to work because the translation editor doesn't know that the original has changed.

May 13, 2011 at 11:47 am #27851

ooluja

Hi amir, ty for the answer.
Uh, I never used this technique, I will try like you said. 🙂

May 13, 2011 at 2:06 pm #27852

Amir
Supporter

Let me explain. WPML creates a 'translation package' every time you send something for translation. When the original changes, in order to update the translation, you should send again for translation. This time, the translation package will include the new content (title, body, taxonomy, custom fields).

May 15, 2011 at 4:43 pm #27853

ooluja

Yeah, tried that, but now, got some warnings when translating.
Warning: trim() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in C:wwwwwwnoving_originalwp-includesformatting.php on line 2802
Warning: trim() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in C:wwwwwwnoving_originalwp-includesformatting.php on line 2802
Picture:
hidden link

May 15, 2011 at 6:04 pm #27854

Amir
Supporter

Looks like WPML is passing something to the trim function that is not a string. Is this causing an actual problem or only the warning when WP_DEBUG is enabled?
I'm adding a note for our developers to check if this is already handled.

The topic ‘[Closed] Taxonomy problem after posting’ is closed to new replies.