Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by sophia antoniou 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
December 6, 2019 at 2:01 pm

sophia antoniou

I am trying to change the slug of the product taxonomy. As you can see in the image the slug in english is wrong. I have translated the slug under String translation. My version of WPML CMS is 4.3.3. I changed the default language from Swedish to English, i dont know if thats the problem? But the default language has to be English.

The code for the custom taxonomy is:

$args = array(
"label" => __( "Product categories", "" ),
"labels" => $labels,
"public" => true,
"publicly_queryable" => true,
"hierarchical" => true,
"show_ui" => true,
"show_in_menu" => true,
"show_in_nav_menus" => true,
"query_var" => true,
"rewrite" => array( 'slug' => _x('produktkategorier', 'kawebb'), 'with_front' => true, ),
"show_admin_column" => false,
"show_in_rest" => false,
"rest_base" => "produktkategorier",
"rest_controller_class" => "WP_REST_Terms_Controller",
"show_in_quick_edit" => true,
'sort' => 'true'
);

December 9, 2019 at 4:43 pm #5094425

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. Yes. This could be related to language change. In the case, in your code you posted above, the slug is like Swedish. That should be in English.

Changing the "rewrite" in the above code to English can fix the problem. Could you please change this so that we can check if the problem will be fixed?

Thank you.

December 10, 2019 at 6:54 am #5097081

sophia antoniou

Hi!
It seems to work now, thanks!
I also have another translation problem. I cant seem to translate a certain string. It says that the translation is complete but it doesnt show on the webpage. Here you can se the translation of the string:

December 10, 2019 at 1:38 pm #5100325

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

Glad to hear that it now works. As the original issue is resolved may I kindly ask you please to open a new ticket for your new question? According to our guidelines, only one issue per topic is allowed. Also, this will also help other users with similar problems find solutions when searching the forum.

Thank you.

December 10, 2019 at 2:59 pm #5100969

sophia antoniou

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!