This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
August 30, 2019 at 12:31 pm #4487123

tarnH

I have created a view using Toolset with a parametric search. I created a custom taxonomy called countries to be used with the parametric search (in a dropdown)

I created a custom post type called certifications which has a file upload custom field. This creates a view which is a list of pdfs. The pdfs (i.e the custom post type) does not need to be translated. They are official certifications which always appear in English.

My site is baseline English and then translated into German, French and Italien. As the view does not need to be translated I simply translated the Certification page and embedded the view into each language page.

The issue occurs with the filters (which are using the custom taxonomy) I go to taxonomy translation and translate the certification taxonomy. But when I go to the translated version the filter is not translated (it doesn't show at all).

So when viewing the list in UK English the dropdown shows the countrys and i can filter the view. If I switch to one of my other languages the countries vanish.

The way I have got around this before is to make the certification post type translatable and translated each instance into each language. However, I have thousands of these and this has to be done every time i add a new certificate to the site. I feel like there must be a better way around this.

Do you have any recommendations?

September 1, 2019 at 12:49 pm #4492515

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

Is there any chance that you could attach a link to the page where I can see this issue, please? I'll compare the English version with the other ones to see how things work.

Also, it would be really great if you could give me access to the dashboard area too. This way I'll be able to check the way that all the elements are created and see if there's any easier option to do this.

The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

September 4, 2019 at 9:37 am #4509743

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey,

The change that I was gonna suggest is the one that you implemented on the production site. I tried to look for a faster/easier way to do this but this is the only way to make the certificates appear on the other languages.

The Allemagne option doesn't appear on the dropdown because, as you can see here hidden link the count for this country is 0. As I can see, the dropdown is made to display only the countries that have at least one certificate assigned to it.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Taxonomy translation not working as expected’ is closed to new replies.