This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, please make sure you are using the latest WPML 4.3.16 before reporting an issue, thanks!

This topic contains 36 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 18 hours, 18 minutes ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
May 29, 2020 at 2:52 pm #6250721

paulF-31

Hello,

I recently joined Fleming and Howard as a web developer and im trying to fix some bugs that exist on the website. As you will see from the debug info we have a staging setup (stagingnew). I have upgraded wordpress and all most all plugins to the latest version as some were rather old.

To show you the problem we are having, can you please visit:
hidden link

Then click "Chair" (£980), then select any colour. Then you will see three options:
"1x foam cushion", "1x fibre cushion", "1x feather cushion de"

This information has come from WPML > Taxonomy Translation > Select the taxonomy to translate:Product Cushion Filling. I have translated the "1x feather cushion" in EN, FR, DE and ES, but as you can see the front end of the site always shows the DE by default even though the country is set to EN (the menu top right), the rest of the site works great.

For debugging purposes I have printed out this array on the page so you can see:

$variations = $product->get_available_variations();
echo '<pre>VARS:',print_r($variations),'</pre>';

The problem is:
[attribute_pa_cushion-filling] => 1x-feather-cushion-de

I have no idea why it's defaulting to the DE rather than EN.

Can you offer any assistance please?

I don't have access to the email account this WPML is set up with so I wont get a notification when you reply, if at all possible could you let me know when you reply please? thebeanieman@gmail.com . I will try to keep an eye on this ticket.

Many thanks,
David Hadley

May 29, 2020 at 5:15 pm #6251669

paulF-31

We have also noticed when we go to:
WPML > Taxonomy Translation > Select the taxonomy to translate:Product Cushion Filling

Only the 1st row saves.

I have attach some screenshots. So in my example I clicked Edit on "1x Fibre Cushion" for deutsch, I changed the text for the name, when I press save the text I entered in the name reverts back to what it was, the slug saves fine though.

June 1, 2020 at 7:11 am #6263435

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi David,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve the issue.

Please visit WPML>>Languages and make sure the following options are enabled.

a) Language filtering for AJAX operations>>Store a language cookie to support language filtering for AJAX

b) Make themes work multilingual>>Adjust IDs for multilingual functionality

Please tries the following troubleshooting steps after a full site backup and make sure the issue is existing or not.

1) Go to WPML>>Support page, click on Troubleshooting link (blue link in the middle of the page)

2) In the Troubleshooting page, please click on the following options of the *Clean up* section. Wait for confirmation of processing after each one.

- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Fix WPML tables collation
- Assign translation status to duplicated content
- Fix terms count
- Fix post type assignment

Sorry, as of now we don't have an option to send a notification to your mail when we reply on this ticket.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 1, 2020 at 10:27 am #6264621

paulF-31

Hello Bigul,

Thank you for your reply. The steps you gave in A and B were unchecked, so I checked and saved them. I made a backup of site files and the database, then I followed your next steps, but unfortunately both problems still remain.

We do have "WP Rocket" installed but it is currently disabled. Are there any more debugging / troubleshooting steps I can do or any more information I can provide you to try and resolve this issue?

Many thanks,
David

June 1, 2020 at 4:41 pm #6267547

Bigul
Supporter

Hi David,

Thank you for the updates. Please try the following steps and check is there any difference in the result.

1) Go to Product>>Attribute, choose the Attribute's *Configure terms* link
2) Update the Products Attribute terms and its translations via native WordPress Taxonomy term edit screen(just resave)
3) Open the hidden link product for edit in the default language
4) Make a minor change in the contents and save the changes(to refresh the translation settings of the Products)
5) Update its translations

Also please visit WooCommerce>>WooCommerce Multilingual>>Status and check is there any configuration warning or not.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 2, 2020 at 12:33 pm #6274115

paulF-31

Hello Bigul,

Step 1) I load this page:
/edit-tags.php?taxonomy=pa_cushion-filling&post_type=product
But im not sure what you want me todo on that page? I have attached a picture.

Step 2) Do you mean this page?
/admin.php?page=sitepress-multilingual-cms%2Fmenu%2Ftaxonomy-translation.php

Step 3/4 ) It's actually a product line, so I don't have any content to edit on that page.

There are 116 out of date templates 🙁 Do you think that would be the issue? Im guessing it will take me a very long time to update them.

Thanks,
David

June 2, 2020 at 4:41 pm #6276229

paulF-31

Hi Bigul,

I managed todo the steps you asked me, so please ignore the last message. After we did the steps the content went missing on all languages other than english. I added some debug code to app/themes/flemingHowland/includes/blocks/content-add-to-cart-new.php:

<ul class="list-options">
<h1>THIS IS A TEST</h1>
<?php echo print_r($products); ?>
<?php foreach ($products as $product): ?>

And it seems the product array is empty for all products when not looking at the english version. I have attached a screen shot.

After this I updated all the templates except a few relating to emails.

Would it be helpful to give you access to wordpress / ftp?

Thanks,
David

June 2, 2020 at 5:30 pm #6276619

Bigul
Supporter

Hi David,

Thank you for the feedback. It requires further checking. I am enabling the private option for the next reply. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup.

Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 3, 2020 at 4:48 pm #6285963

Bigul
Supporter

Hi David,

Thank you for the login information. Sorry, as a part of testing I have upgraded WPML and WooCommerce to the latest version. After that site frontend is not listing any contents. So I switch to the default 2020 theme. But Products are not listing as expected in the default theme. Please check the attached images for more details.

Therefore I would like to know are you a custom structure for the WordPress directory? Also, have you created a theme from scratch? Please share more details about it. I will be enabling private option for the next reply.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 3, 2020 at 5:10 pm #6286135

paulF-31

Hi Bigul,

It's a staging site so no problem. I am new to the company so I don't know much about the past other than something was stopping updates, I had to add define('DISALLOW_FILE_MODS', false); to wp-config.php to get the updates working.

I thought I had upgraded WPML and WooCommerce. It is a really weird setup, we have /app/ in the root which appears to be "wp-content". I have a feeling it could possibly be WP Multisite. It's taking me a little while to get used to the setup as it's nothing like I have ever seen before. I have never used WPML before but I have used wordpress for about 10 years.

I will turn the error logging on and try and get the theme working. I will keep you updated.

Thanks,
David

June 3, 2020 at 6:01 pm #6286519

paulF-31

Hi Bigul,

The site is back up and working again.

It was:
WooCommerce Price Based on Country (Basic)

There are two versions installed. Our theme header requires wcpbc_get_woocommerce_country() and the site breaks if the plugin is disabled or the new version of the plugin is used as the function is depreciated.

Thanks,
David

June 3, 2020 at 7:36 pm #6286775

Bigul
Supporter

Hi David,

Thank you for the updates. In a quick check, it looks like the issue is happening because of the customized WordPress setup and theme. Therefore can you please check the issue is existing in a minimal setup or not. When WPML & WooCommerce plugins are only active with default 2020 or Storefront theme. It will help us a lot in debugging. Because as a part of our escalation process we have to make sure the issue is existing in a minimal setup or not.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 4, 2020 at 2:03 pm #6295003

paulF-31

Hi Bigul,

I have disabled all plugins except WPML & WooCommerce plugins, then swapped the theme to the default 2020. When I load this product (I found it by search for "stamford"):

hidden link

Cushion Filling had 3 options, then when I translate it the options disappear from the page. I have attached a few screenshots for you.

I am working on a few bits on our theme, so if you do find the theme not on default, please change it back to 2020 so you can do your testing.

Thanks,
David

June 4, 2020 at 7:06 pm #6298133

Bigul
Supporter

Hi David,

Thank you for the updates. The Attribute term is showing as expected after I change the slug of the term to *7x-feather-cushions* from *7x-feather-cushions-fr*. This behavior is not normal. Please check the attached images for more details.

Please take site backup, visit WooComemerce>>WooComemerce Multilingual>>Status tab and click on *Troubleshooting* link on the bottom of the screen. Then try the troubleshooting steps and check the issue is existing or not.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 5, 2020 at 12:16 pm #6305287

paulF-31

Hi Bigul,

I ran the steps in the Trouble shooting (it took about an hour), they all went to 0, I refreshed the page and there was still more left todo. So im running them again. I have attached some screenshots for you.

I remember it did this before. Is this normal?

Thanks,
David