This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
May 22, 2019 at 9:36 pm #3869427

erickV

I am trying to: Translate the Courses, Cuisine, and Key Words used on WP Recipe Maker. I assigned translations for all three elements. The translations show in the backend but do not show on the backend. The only items switched are the Titles.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
Main Course, Mediterranean, Fish, Glazed, Lemon and Salmon should be translated.

Instead, I got: The items stay in English.

May 23, 2019 at 12:09 am #3869851

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

how are you currently adding these taxonomies ?

What are your results if you go to WPML->Taxonomies Translation , are you able to see these taxonomies there ?

or within WPML->String Translation ?

May 23, 2019 at 3:43 pm #3877557

erickV

Yes, I have updated them in both the String Translation as well as the Taxonomies Translation section of your tool. As you can see from my screen captures attached, the Taxonomies are showing up on the Backend but not the Front End of the site. What is causing this error?

May 23, 2019 at 9:34 pm #3879503

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for the screenshots !

if possible i would like to take a closer look

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to fix the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Thank you,
Bobby

May 25, 2019 at 12:56 am #3888043

Bobby
Supporter

Please try the following

Go to hidden link and edit the entry

when you are in the backend view the entry and notice for example the cuisine in the Spanish entry is added in English

go ahead and edit it and then under categories within the edit screen choose the correct name

i did this with the cuisine "Meditereano" for this one here hidden link

May 29, 2019 at 12:01 am #3910561

erickV

It looks like WPML is converting the Shortcut codes to text for translation. Is there a way to stop this conversion from happening or better yet control when it does?

May 29, 2019 at 1:42 am #3910763

Bobby
Supporter

When you add the shortcode and you go to make the translation the content of the shortcode(recipe) wont show unless you view it in the standard WP editor as i described above (screenshot, notice the string not being translated )

how do you currently add the translation of each recipe ?(when i try to view the recipes i dont see any under WP RECIPE MAKER)

translating it within the standard WP Editor seems to work as expected .

Regarding your above question i am not sure i fully understand " converting the Shortcut codes to text for translation"

The topic ‘[Closed] Taxonomy Translation working on backend but not translating to front end’ is closed to new replies.