This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by joanv-3 4 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Ross.

Author Posts
April 13, 2015 at 11:33 am #598253

joanv-3

I am trying to: add taxonomy translations

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: Dutch Translated Taxonomy strings (Product / Sector / Machine type), when visiting the dutch page

Instead, I got: English translation of taxonomies on Dutch page

The PLugin doesn't seem to store the translations of the taxonomies. When I add translations for the Taxonomies on the "taxonomy Translation" tab of the WPML plugin, the translation shows ok as in the attached image. However when I reopen/refresh this page it reads ""translate" again where the translated strings should be.

April 13, 2015 at 7:01 pm #598604

Ross

Thank you for contacting WPML support, I'd be delighted to assist today!

Have you had a chance to review our Taxonomy Translation guide available here? https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-post-categories-and-custom-taxonomies/

It should be as easy as going to WPML->Taxonomy Translation then translating the Taxonomies.

Let me know how it works out!

April 14, 2015 at 6:20 am #598756

joanv-3

Hi Ross, Thanks for the feedback. I've seen the guide, but this didn't give any new insights. The problem is not the translation of the categories/tags, but the translation of the Taxonomy name itself. Have you seen the attached image? The problem is that the encircled strings do not seem to be stored. Once I press the ok button, the strings seem to be saved (ref attached taxonomy2.jpg), but when I look at the translated page, the English taxonomy name is still shown. When I reload Taxonomy Translation page, the translation seems to be gone again (ref taxonomy3.jpg) and thus my assumption that somehow it is not stored.

FYI this relates to a custom post type/taxonomy.

April 14, 2015 at 4:54 pm #599339

Ross

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

April 15, 2015 at 6:10 pm #600155

Ross

For some reason, the provided temporary access details are not allowing me access:
hidden link

I have enabled the next post to be private if you wish to update the password for the account.

April 16, 2015 at 6:30 am #600357

joanv-3

While your at it, could you also take a look at why the flag icon is shifted down on this page:
hidden link

It seems ok on the front page while the same top menu is used.

thx

April 20, 2015 at 2:09 pm #602571

Ross

I hope you enjoyed your weekend!

I was able to take a look and I do see that the Taxonomies are not being saved for Admin Panel Translation. This is a very strange bug.

To help troubleshoot, I would like your permission to run WordPress Duplicator to make a backup before making any changes. I would also like to quickly test with just Twenty Fourteen and WPML Plugins active.

Please let me know if this would be okay, if not - you could always try.

April 21, 2015 at 7:17 am #602970

joanv-3

Hi Ross, please go ahead and troubleshoot this further. The site is not really live and still in testing stage. I've also made a backup of the site and database so it should be ok. Could you let me know per email when your working on it so I can keep my hands of it.

regards.

April 22, 2015 at 12:37 pm #604028

joanv-3

Hi Ross, did you got around to looking into this? I've just noticed another issues, maybe its related so I thought it might be helpfull to add it here. Strings translations for Layerslider plugin are not translated, see attached images

April 22, 2015 at 2:41 pm #604156

Ross

Thank you for your patience!

Our developers have found that the Taxonomy Labels are not displaying properly after translation. This issue will be fixed in WPML CMS 3.2 which is due to be out soon.

I really appreciate your post, you have helped make WPML better for everyone!

April 23, 2015 at 5:48 am #604505

joanv-3

Ok, thanks. Any indication when the new version will be out? Hope it will be soon as I want to take the site live within a couple of weeks. Have you also looked at the slider issue, is this related or should I open a new ticket for this?

May 27, 2015 at 8:19 am #626775

joanv-3

This bug still isn't fixed, when is v3.2 released?

June 24, 2015 at 3:14 pm #645439

pwpA

Hi Guys,
I have the same issue, I have version 3.2 and the same problem is there.
The same comment thread is here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/taxonomy-translate-not-save/
and here https://wpml.org/forums/topic/taxonomy-translations-not-saved/
and here is a video from Vladimir in other thread showing a video of this bug:
hidden link

have you fixed this guys?

June 25, 2015 at 5:41 am #645785

joanv-3

Still not fixed as far as I know, but I also didn't get an update to 3.2 so far. Are you using a beta? I was thinking of reissuing this in a new support thread since they seem to consider this closed and this has been lagging for months now. Thanks for the links to the other support threads. It seems this is an issue to many users so the developmers should give this more priority in my opinion.