This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: when trying to add Members to the about page, only one is displayed in the translated page - the others are duplicated

Solution: since not all Members page were translated, the plugin kept showing them until reaching the number of items that should be shown. Translating all profiles fixes the issue.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ericT-24 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
May 17, 2019 at 5:19 pm

ericT-24

I am trying to: Display team members on our about us page, but I only want one set of our team members to show up.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Just one set of our team members

Instead, I got: Each team member is duplicated

May 18, 2019 at 10:11 am #3838659

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

Could you explain to me how did you create the page and the members' profile?

May 18, 2019 at 1:59 pm #3839011

ericT-24

My issue is resolved now. Thank you! I had only translated a few of the team members, and so since I told the page to display several groups, it could only find the 2 or 3 members I translated and it was showing them again. Once I added all the team members translation, and the translated team member count matched how many I was telling the page to output, it is no longer pulling in duplicates. Thanks!