Please make sure to update to WPML to the latest and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas Neuber 6 years, 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas Neuber.

Author Posts
February 12, 2013 at 3:49 pm #103747

vayu

Hi.
I am scratching my head on this one. I have set the terms and conditions page in the WooCommerce settings, but the checkbox is not showing on the checkout page on the danish page.
Not showing: hidden link
Showing: hidden link

I am printing out the page id of the terms page in the bottom of the page. While the page loads, you can see that the page ID is correct. However, when the page finishes loading, it changes this id to -1.
If I disable Woocommerce Multilingual plugin it works fine, but of course not on other languages.

I have exactly the same theme setup on my local machine and there everything is working perfectly.

Another thing is that the currency labels also change during page load from DKK to kr.

Does anybody have an idea?

Cordially
Vayu

February 12, 2013 at 5:19 pm #103792

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Hello Vayu,

A bit strange indeed..
Which versions of Woocommerce, Woocommerce Multilingual and WPML are you using?

February 12, 2013 at 8:22 pm #103824

vayu

The latest versions. Am even running latest development version of woocommerce-multilingual as explained here: http://wpml.org/forums/topic/woocommerce-emails-not-translated/#post-102542

February 12, 2013 at 9:03 pm #103830

vayu

Another site I am also working at the moment has the same issues:
hidden link

Furthermore, when on the english checkout page and the customer presses the buy button without entering contact details, the error message is in danish. On other languages it works correctly.

On the youandyou site I don't have this issue with the error messages.

February 13, 2013 at 12:42 pm #103960

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Hello Vayu,

Thanks for mentioning this. Actually I still have the credentials of the hidden link website (from the previous "tagline" problem ticket) - so its ok if I have a look there?

February 13, 2013 at 1:03 pm #103972

vayu

Yes please do. 🙂

February 14, 2013 at 3:36 pm #104373

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Hello Vayu,

After consulting with our Woocommerce Multilingual developer I uploaded the newest development version of this plugin to hidden link

Now you see the "Terms&Conditions" box, after a refresh with F5, but only for 2 seconds 😐
I've checked if I find a difference in the HTML, but there isn't; looks like a unnessary jQuery.fadeout

Means: unfurtunately, we haven't found the error cause and we'll continue search further
Thank you for your patience!

February 14, 2013 at 3:41 pm #104376

vayu

Hi Andreas.

Thanks for keeping me updated. 🙂 Let me know if I can help with anything. 🙂

February 15, 2013 at 2:41 pm #104726

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Hello Vayu,

You're welcome! To eliminate this and some other issues in the next couple of days a new version of Woocommerce Multilingual will be published.

March 4, 2013 at 10:27 am #108494

vayu

Hi, is there news on when this will be fixed and when the next version is out?
I have this issue on two websites where the problem occurs and they are anxious to have it fixed. 🙂

March 4, 2013 at 12:01 pm #108538

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Hello Vayu,

Our"Woocommerce Multilingual" plugin developer had a look at your issue but could not replicate it in other installations. However its undeniable that there is a problem with your two websites.
He will now check your website settings again personally.

Thank you for your patience!

March 4, 2013 at 9:32 pm #108824

vayu

Hi Andreas.
Thanks, I hope he can come up with something. 🙂
Now that WooCommerce 2.0.1 has come out might there be issues by updating or might my issues in these two sites by any luck be fixed with this new update? Hard to say can imagine?

March 5, 2013 at 2:25 pm #109064

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Hello Vayu,

To be on the save side I would rather stay with Woocommerce 1.6.5.2-patched version.
Of course, not for ever but currently this seems to be the best option.
I will also quickly contact our "Woocommerce Multilingual" developer and ask for his opinion.

March 7, 2013 at 4:16 pm #109877

vayu

Hi Andreas.

I think I have found the cause for this issue with WooCommerce Multilingual plugin. I have spend quite a few hours debugging today.
I setup a copy of the site on my machine and could not recreate the issue. I then did the same on the webserver and also there I could not replicate the issue. In those two setups I did today, I had the admin and the site (frontend & backend) in the same dir. But the setup I have for the original site is in two directories. WordPress files are in dir called wp and the frontend is displayed via temp dir. I was then able to replicate the issue knowing this.
Therefore, there must be something in WooCommerce Mulitilingual that references something with the wrong path I guess? I don't know, but maybe you guys can fix it easily now knowing this?

What I probably will do is just move the whole site into the root folder including the wordpress files.

Let me know what you think. 🙂

Vayu

March 7, 2013 at 5:07 pm #109898

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Hello Vayu,

Thank you very much for sharing this with us!
I will show this also to our "Woocommerce Multilingual" developer for further advice/suggestions.

The topic ‘[Closed] Terms & conditions not showing on one language’ is closed to new replies.