This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
July 18, 2019 at 1:23 pm

wilcov-2

Hi WPML,

We spoke to some of your developers at WordCamp Europe about the string translation update.

One of our clients is experience high page load time because of the current setup of WPML string translations.

We heard that we can submit this site as a test case.

So here we are, submitting this site as a test case.

July 18, 2019 at 6:30 pm #4241837

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

To help you faster, I've enabled debug information for this support ticket. Please see this link for how to get this information from your site and give it to us: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Thank you for sharing the Duplicator package. I have requested access to the package. Please grant me access.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 19, 2019 at 1:20 pm #4246725

wilcov-2

Hi Bigul,

I have added the debug information.

I have also granted you acces to the package.

Thanks!

July 19, 2019 at 6:23 pm #4247867

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates and Debug information. I can access the site back up now. Will share it with our team. I have a few questions for a better understanding of the issue.

1) Which type of hosting you are using now, shared or VPS or Dedicated?

2) How much time the site is taking for loading when WPML plugins are active? Does it affect backend and frontend of the site?

3) We are planning to release a new beta version of WPML soon, it has an improvement in performance. So it is possible for you to consider staging to the site for testing the beta version.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 23, 2019 at 3:34 pm #4267469

wilcov-2

Hi Bigul,

1) We are using a VPS.

2) The site takes 3,7155 to load when the plugins are active

3) Since this webshop is live we like to avoid any plugins that are in beta in case any site breaking bugs appear or are discovered. So if we were to the update it would be when full release has come out to ensure site stability.

Thanks.

July 24, 2019 at 3:35 pm #4276149

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the details. I have shared it with our team. We will get back to you as early as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 5, 2019 at 9:29 am #4339315

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

For your kind information, our team has a few rounds of testing on your site copy in our local servers using Blackfire - hidden link. It is showing normal results for us.

Therefore we have a request. Please consider a staging site(clone copy of live site) on the same server for further debugging. It will help us to troubleshoot the issues without affecting your live site.

Please check and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 6, 2019 at 9:47 am
August 7, 2019 at 6:28 am #4352265

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the details and sharing login information. But I am not able to login to the Dashboard of the Staging site. It shows the following warning. Please check.

FOUT: Ongeldige gebruikersnaam. Wachtwoord vergeten?

I went through the frontend pages of the site and Page Load extension of Google Chrome is showing 1.5 - 3 seconds as the loading time of the site. So please share me in which part of the site you are facing the least performances.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 12, 2019 at 3:44 pm
August 13, 2019 at 12:18 pm #4387903

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I can log in to the site now. Can I upgrade the WPML version of the staging site to 4.3.0 Beta 1? It is almost ready for release.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 13, 2019 at 12:20 pm #4387913

wilcov-2

Hi Bigul,

Sure, go right ahead.

Thanks!

August 14, 2019 at 6:09 pm #4397017

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your permission. I am continuing the detailed testing on your staging site now and will get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 16, 2019 at 4:39 pm #4407587

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Most of the pages of the staging site is loading for me in 2.5 seconds(in Query Monitor) after the following steps.

1) Upgrade all the non WPML plugins to the latest version
2) Upgrade WPML plugins to the beta version
3) Upgrade WooCommerce Multilingual plugin to the beta version

Please check the attached images for more details and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul