This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
June 22, 2019 at 3:25 am

damianP-6

I've added the following code to WPML > Settings > Custom XML Config as instructed by WPML support:

<shortcode>

<tag>textbox</tag>

<attributes>

<attribute >title</attribute>

<attribute >text_content</attribute>

</attributes>

</shortcode>

It does not work, and I still cannot translate any text boxes. I get a message saying "The XML is not valid:
Element 'shortcode': This element is not expected."

I am using the Vitrine theme with WP Bakery Page Builder.

June 23, 2019 at 7:57 am #4072633

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. This code needs to be put inside <shortcodes> tag that’s why error was arising. I have added code in the correct location and now XML saved successfully.

- Now, you need to make a small change in the original page, for example, a space in your title.
- Edit the translation again

- Please delete all sort of caches on your site / server cache / plugin cache / CDN cache (if any), clear browser cache and then check the page.

Here is the doc for more details:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/#page-builder-content

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or you need further assistance with this issue.

Thank you

The topic ‘[Closed] Text boxes are still not translatable’ is closed to new replies.