This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by danE-4 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
September 25, 2019 at 1:56 pm #4639571

danE-4

I am trying to: Change the titles of WooCommerce tabs (we're using Tab Manager)

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The "More info" and "Reviews" tabs translated.

Instead, I got: The original ones in English.

I found this thread which seems pretty close to our problem : https://wpml.org/forums/topic/description-tab-of-products-not-translatable/
I find the fields in the admin strings list, i tick and apply, but when i go to string translation there are no "admin_texts_wc_tab_manager_default_layout" text domain and no new strings found when i search with the tab titles.

Any idea why they wouldn't show up please ?

September 26, 2019 at 1:39 pm #4647285

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. In this case you can try an alternative method in order to register these strings, you can proceed this way:

1 - In your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Settings > Custom XML Configuration enter the XML code to register those admin strings.

2 - Basically the code you should enter will depend on the admin strings you see in the list from your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > String Translation > Translate texts in admin screens. In your case it should be shomething like:

<wpml-config>
<admin-texts>
  <key name="wc_tab_manager_default_layout">
    <key name="*"/>
  </key>
</admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

3 - Now, you should be able to find these strings for translation in your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > String Translation settings.

See: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/#admin-texts

Please, let me know if it helps or if you need any additional instructions and clarifications, have a nice day.

September 26, 2019 at 2:53 pm #4648019

danE-4

Yes, this worked perfectly, thank you. Not sure why the other method didn't work but we know we can do what you recommended if it happens again. Thanks again.