This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
June 20, 2019 at 9:06 am #4057841

giorgioA-4

Tell us what you are trying to do? formatting text in tabs

Is there any documentation that you are following? no

Is there a similar example that we can see? many

What is the link to your site? abas.gr

June 20, 2019 at 10:09 am #4058687

giorgioA-4

as you can see from the screenshot, there is NO text editor for the custom fields.

How can i format the text?

Thanks

June 20, 2019 at 11:42 am #4059539

giorgioA-4

is it possible to enable text editor for product tabs content?

June 20, 2019 at 8:24 pm #4062959

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. Please, my sincere apologies for the delay in answering. I would be very happy to help you but I didn't fully understand what is the issue.

Do you want to add only the editor format to those fields that you have marked in the screenshot? If so, you can do this using WPML Config. You can see step by step in our documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/#custom-fields. Note the "style" and "textarea" options.

By defining these custom fields as translate and style textarea, the fields should be displayed with textarea.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

June 23, 2019 at 3:07 pm #4073185

giorgioA-4

Hi, can you help me do that?

June 24, 2019 at 11:53 pm #4080167

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

I will need to look at your site as these words are defined on the site so I can create the wpml-config correctly.

I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please let me know exactly what steps should I follow to see the problem.

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

June 26, 2019 at 10:51 am #4091727

giorgioA-4

Hi, do we have any updates?

Thank you

June 27, 2019 at 1:08 am #4095469

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

Unfortunately, this seems like it is not possible to change the format of these fields because of the format of the field is added.

A workaround for this would be to switch to the secondary language using the top bar. This way you will be able to edit the contents of the tabs in the same way as in the default language. Please, could you verify that following these steps does this work properly?

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.