This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: On the checkout page in English, part of the text is in Spanish instead of English. When editing it with String Translation, the text supposed to be in English is wrong: It's in Spanish.

Solution: The Assume that the original language of all strings is English option from Dashboard → WPML → Theme and plugins localization needs to be unchecked.

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
September 5, 2019 at 10:06 am #4518213

davidV-68

YOU MARKED THIS AS RESOLVED, BUT IT'S NOT

This is a Woocommerce. Theme Gecko.
Payment gatway Redsys.

On the checkout page in English, part of the text is in Spanish instead of English.
When editing it with String Translation, the text supposed to be in English is wrong: It's in Spanish.

I can edit the text for the Spanish version, but not for the English version.

How can I edit and change the text in English (wich in fact now is in Spanish)?
Thank you.

September 5, 2019 at 10:12 am #4518271

davidV-68

I changed the language and translation of that string, but this text in the checkout for the English version is still in Spanish.

September 5, 2019 at 10:45 am #4518517

davidV-68

I tryed to solve it with Loco Translate.
Even weirdest: It changes the text into English, but the it goes back into Spanish for the English version.

It seems to me that the English original version for this strings is just missing.

September 5, 2019 at 11:44 am #4518841

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey David,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

As I can see, you managed to sort this out. Can we mark this ticket as resolved? Don't forget that you can always open a new ticket if you have any other issue or question about WPML.

Thanks,
Radu

September 5, 2019 at 11:54 am #4518913

davidV-68

Nope, not resolved.

I tryed to solve it with Loco Translate.
Even weirdest: It changes the text into English, but the it goes back into Spanish for the English version.

It seems to me that the English original version for this strings is just missing.

September 6, 2019 at 7:54 am #4523843

davidV-68

Hello? Anybody there? No answer?

September 6, 2019 at 8:22 am #4524017

Radu
Supporter

Hey David,

Could you give me access to the dashboard area so I can have a closer look at this and see what's going on, please? I'm sure we'll be able to sort this out.

The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

September 6, 2019 at 10:44 am #4524893

Radu
Supporter

Hey David,

Can you check the credentials you send to me, please? I tried to use them but I get a message for Invalid username.

Thanks,
Radu

September 8, 2019 at 11:56 pm #4532633

Radu
Supporter

Hey David,

I'm sorry but I'm getting the same error message. If there's anything I can send to you so I can access the dashboard area (like my IP, for example), please let me know.

Thanks,
Radu

September 9, 2019 at 6:34 am #4533807

davidV-68

Ok. For sure it's a matter of a security lock.
Where are you trying to log in from? Rumania? I need to give you acces from your conuntry.

September 9, 2019 at 10:09 pm #4540385

Radu
Supporter

Hey David,

You can whitelist my IP which is 74.50.54.120. Please give me a message back once you did the change and I'll try again to access the dashboard area.

Thanks,
Radu

September 10, 2019 at 8:12 am #4542857

davidV-68

Hi Radu,
It's not a matter of whitelist. My hosting locks the access to WP dashboard from any country unless I unlock the specific country.
I unlocked for Romania, assuming that you're there. Your Timezone says Bucharest.
Please try now if you are in Romania, or let me know where you are, so I can unlock your country.

September 10, 2019 at 11:09 am #4544439

Radu
Supporter

Hey David,

I am from Romania indeed but I still cannot use the credentials. However, I'm actually able to access this page hidden link (see attached screenshot) but I keep getting a message that the username that I'm trying to use is not the right one. I tried once again both usernames you send to me but none of them seem to work.

Can you try to use the same credentials too and see if they are working for you, please? I know that the hosting lock usually restricts the access to the actual page (and I shouldn't see the two fields at all). In this case however, I think that the issue is that the credentials are not the right ones.

Thanks,
Radu

September 10, 2019 at 8:54 pm #4548869

Radu
Supporter

Hey David,

I was able to access the dashboard area using the credentials you send to me in your last message. I just had a look at the checkout page (hidden link) but I couldn't see the elements from the screenshot on the first message of this ticket. Is there any chance that you could send me a link to the page where I can see the strings that are not translated yet, please?

Thanks,
Radu

September 13, 2019 at 7:10 am #4565947

davidV-68

You sent me: "I was able to access the dashboard area using the credentials you send to me in your last message. I just had a look at the checkout page (hidden link) but I couldn't see the elements from the screenshot on the first message of this ticket. Is there any chance that you could send me a link to the page where I can see the strings that are not translated yet, please?"

This is not in the thread anymore? What's wrong with it?

AGAIN:
Please try to order any product in English, for example: hidden link. Then, go to checkout and fill it. Then, "Place order". Now you see the final confirmation.
As you can see, we're in the English version, but the following is allways in Spanish:

Gracias por su pedido, por favor pulsa el botón para pagar con Tarjeta.
Pago con tarjeta / Cancelar Pedido

(see image attached)

There's no way to translate that to English.
Thank you.