This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
May 1, 2019 at 10:37 am

fabianH-19

I am trying to:
Translate a page.
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
I expected to see:
Content Area to translate. I suspect that the Content Elements of the Content builder are not compatible with WPML?
Instead, I got: nothing. 🙁

Please help.

May 1, 2019 at 2:06 pm #3718509

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Fabian,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

I think that you're right. The content builder might not be configured to be compatible with WPML. But this doesn't mean you cannot use it with our plugin. All you have to do is follow the indications presented here https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/#page-builder-content and create the config file for the builder you're using. As I can see, this is a part of the theme. In this case, I think that you can ask for some help from the authors to get this config file done and be able to translate the content. You can give this a try and tell me how it goes.

Thanks,
Radu

May 3, 2019 at 8:32 am #3732179

fabianH-19

Hi Radu, thank you for your response.
Yes, I feel this is getting very complicated for me. How can we solve this? Can you maybe talk together? I think it would be in the interest of bove sides to make this work, no?
Shall I tell the Goodlayers Person to contact you directly for this? So in future the Theme will actually support the use of WPML?

Best regards, Fabian

May 3, 2019 at 10:43 am #3733275

fabianH-19

Hi Radu,
I asked the same thing Goodlayers, and Loc is one of the Supporter there, I worked togehter with. He is open to learn how this would work out with their Theme. Please, can you send him a message so he understands what is needed from your perspective? That would be great.
Here is his email address: support.loc@goodlayers.com
I told him who you are. Thank you Radu.

Best regards, Fabian

May 3, 2019 at 10:58 am #3733443

Radu
Supporter

Hey Fabian,

You can reach out to the theme authors and send them this link: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/. We have a separate team that handle the compatibility tests to make sure that our products are working well with the themes from different authors. Also, you can ask the supporter from Goodlayers to check this article https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/#page-builder-content and create the config file needed in order to be able to translate the content.

Thanks,
Radu

May 3, 2019 at 11:03 am #3733485

fabianH-19

Thank you Radu, I sent him your reply with the link for the application. I think its great that you at WPML are open to help Theme creators to make it compatible. It can be a win win situation.

Thank you.
Fabian

May 6, 2019 at 4:59 am #3744819

Radu
Supporter

Hey Fabian,

Thank you for sending the link to the theme authors. I will close this ticket but you can keep an eye on the updates from the theme authors (to see when they finished making the theme compatible with WPML). If you find any new problem, you can open a new ticket and we'll take care of it.

Thanks,
Radu

May 7, 2019 at 10:54 am #3756667

fabianH-19

Hi Radu, I understand, the issue is not on your side. Thank your help. I wonder if they actually will do something, the issue seems complicated to them and the support is not able to do much, they have to escalate it to a developper level.

Best regards
Fabian

May 7, 2019 at 1:29 pm #3758441

Radu
Supporter

Hey Fabian,

As far as I can see, these authors worked before with our team in order to make some other products compatible with WPML. I'm pretty sure that they'll be able to take care of one more of their product. I looked a bit into this, trying to see if I can quickly find the solution but it seems that this requires a bit more work and you'll have to wait until the theme authors will reach out to us and make everything compatible.

Regards,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Text in the Content Boxes of the theme is not available to translate.’ is closed to new replies.