Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Marcel 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
November 17, 2019 at 5:37 pm

thorstenR-2

I'm using a 3rd party elementor widget (elementor extras) in order to display an offcanvas text area onclick (hidden link): click on "weiterlesen" under the area "Thinking different" or "Soziale Projekte". I expected this kind of text to appear as a wysiwyg editor inside the translation page of wpml, but it doesn't show up. I can't find anything inside the string translations also. The developer says that his plugin is completely wpml ready.

November 17, 2019 at 7:00 pm
November 17, 2019 at 8:19 pm #4961055

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Here are Elementor Page Builder modules that are supported by WPML and will automatically be displayed on the Translator Editor page:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/#List-of-the-translatable-Elementor-Elements

So in this case support for WPML needs to be added for these custom widgets. You can read how to do that in our documentation here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/how-to-add-wpml-support-to-custom-elementor-widgets/

Or you can duplicate original page to secondary language and then translate those widgets for secondary page.

Thank you

November 18, 2019 at 8:27 am #4962631

thorstenR-2

Hi, that's a pity as it doesn't help me out as I'm no coder at all. I'll try to reach the developer support of Elementor Extras.

November 18, 2019 at 9:11 am #4963311

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hi Thorsten,

as Noman is not available today, I will take care of your ticket. If the Elementor Extras support can't help you out, you can always hire a certified WPML developer who will develop a solution for you. You will find them here: https://wpml.org/contractors/

Please understand that custom code solutions are not part of the WPML support policy.

Best Marcel

November 18, 2019 at 3:57 pm #4966635

thorstenR-2

Hi Marcel, I just contacted the EE support. I hope they'll answer as their support isn't the fatest on planet earth. Otherwise I'm thinking about the contractor idea or cancel the EE widget completely, using something else.

Thorsten

November 19, 2019 at 12:38 pm #4972113

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

HI Thorsten,

thanks for the info.

Best Marcel