This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 83 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
April 3, 2020 at 5:04 pm #5834303

南 和宏

Until I had stopped using some languages, I could use advanced translation editor and bulk automatic translation properly.

But now, I can not use them.
If I use the bulk automatic translation, only the title and name of images of the post are translated and the text is not translated.

Also, after finishing the jobs of bulk automatic translation, the posts which should have translated automatically shown up in the translation dashboard as posts which are not translated and need to be updated.

Can you please help me to solve the problem?

April 3, 2020 at 7:14 pm #5835233

南 和宏

Let me add some more information.

Please see the images.

Some texts do not show up and are not translated in an automatic translator.

April 6, 2020 at 9:49 am #5846325

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve the issue.

This may be happening because you will be using custom elements for the WPBakery Page Builder. If so, we have to add additional language configuration for it in WPML>>Settings>>Custom XML configuration to detect those texts for translation. Please check the following documentation for more details.

https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/#page-builder-content

Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking.

Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

Also please share with me the URL of one of the posts you are having the issue.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 6, 2020 at 5:54 pm #5851233

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the login information and updates. hidden link post is created using Gutenberg Editor and WPBakery Page Builder is enabled only for the Page post type. Please check the attached image for more details.

Therefore please try the following steps for tracking the issue and let me know your feedback.

1) Create a new post for testing with similar values
2) Open it for translation and make sure you are getting the expected result
3) hidden link for edit in Japanese
4) Make a minor change in the contents
5) Open it for translation and make sure you are getting the expected result

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 7, 2020 at 2:42 am #5853033

南 和宏

Thank you for your support.

I followed your advice, but didn't work at all.

1)I changed the option of WPBakery Page Builder from only enable for pages to pages and posts.

2)I made a new post and translated, but only title was translated. I couldn't see contents text in translation page.

3)I mad a minor change to hidden link for edit in Japanese.

4)Nothing was improved.

5)I disabled the WPBakery Page Builder plugin.

6)I made a new post and translated, but only title was translated. I couldn't see contents text in translation page.

Therefore, I think the problem is not caused by WPBakery Page Builder. Because the translation had been working fine before.

I'm also in trouble that sometimes I can't use Bulk Automatic Translation.

Best Regards,

April 7, 2020 at 9:02 am #5855199

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. It requires further checking. So please allows me to make a duplicator copy of your site using the Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server.

Please share more about the following for a better understanding. I am a bit confused about the issue. It will be great if you can share a couple of screenshots.

I'm also in trouble that sometimes I can't use Bulk Automatic Translation.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 7, 2020 at 11:21 am #5856519

南 和宏

Sure, please duplicate my site and do further checking.

Regarding Bulk Automatic Translation, when I try to use Bulk Automatic Translation, posts which I want to translate don't show up sometimes. please see the attaced images.

In any case, now I can't translate contents of the post though.

Best Regards,

April 7, 2020 at 6:01 pm #5860281

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I made a copy of the site now, will debug it further and get back to you soon. Please wait.

Please visit WPML>>Support>>Advanced Translation Editor Error Logs when you are facing an issue with Bulk Automatic Translation and check any error message is logged during that time frame.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 8, 2020 at 1:50 am #5861435

南 和宏

Thank you for the support.

I'm waiting for your further debugging.

I checked the error logs and found errors, I will find the solution to search the internet.
If I can't solve the problem I will ask here again.

Best Regards,

April 8, 2020 at 6:32 pm #5869111

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I am not able to reproduce the issue on my local copy and it is showing the expected result when I tried to translate a new post and open the hidden link post for translation after a minor edit in the post content(to the paragraph block). Please check the attached images for more details. So this may be happening because of the translation sync issues.

Please try the following steps after a site backup and let me know your feedback.

1) Clear all types of caches
2) hidden link for edit in Japanese
3) Complete the English & Korean translation of the post
4) Make a minor change in the paragraph block content
5) Open it for translation in Advance Translation Editor and make sure you are getting the expected result or not

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 9, 2020 at 2:39 am #5871041

南 和宏

I followed your advice but nothing has changed. I mean the content is not shown up.

Can you please edit my post(hidden link) directly and see what happens?
You can make change to the post.

I really need to solve this problem please.

Best Regards,

April 9, 2020 at 7:13 am #5872467

南 和宏

Now I found a temporary solution.

Please see attached images.

I use normal paragraph in the content, it's not shown up in advanced translation editor.
However, if I change it to classic version paragraph, the content is shown up in advanced translation editor.

Is it possible to determine the cause and improve the WPML plugin please?
Because, it's very hard work to change the paragraph to classic version for more than 800 posts.

Best Regards,

April 9, 2020 at 8:16 am #5873133

南 和宏

Sorry for posting many times/

I could show the contents in advanced translate editor in the way of post above.

But after complete translation from Japanese to other language, the content isn't translated in the post.(please see an attached image.)
The icons beside the post titles has been gears.

If I made a new post and translated, i worked fine.

What is the problem?

You can make changes in my post, so please check the issue.

Best Regards,

April 9, 2020 at 9:29 am #5874115

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. It looks like the translated contents not showing bug is happening because the translation status is not updated correctly for those posts. It shows *Completed - Needs update* status now. Most probably it will be happening because of a conflict with your server. So which hosting service you are using now.

I am not able to reproduce the issue exactly on my local. It shows the translation as expected. Please check the attached images for more details.

I am checking the issue with our Advance Translation team now and will get back to you soon.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 9, 2020 at 9:48 am #5874475

南 和宏

I'm using a hosting service called lolipop which is a japanese hosting service.(hidden link

I can contact them so I'm glad if you tell me what to ask them.

I'm waiting for your reply.

Best Regards,