This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by markusH-42 6 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
March 21, 2019 at 1:39 pm #3405265

markusH-42

Hello,

I added some buttons to a site. I wanted to translate them into english. I did the Theme & Plugin Localization and went back to String Translation to search for the button texts, but they do not appear in the list.
I was able to translate the page, but there was no option to translate the buttons I've used.
Now the site is shown in english but the button text is still german.

I just can't wrap my head around it. HELP, please 🙂

Best regards,
Markus

March 21, 2019 at 2:39 pm #3407811

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Could you please let me know where from you have added those buttons in your site?

- Please make sure minimum requirements for WPML meet:
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

- Please add the debug report in the Debug Information box. I have also enabled debug info box for your next reply: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Thank you

March 22, 2019 at 7:24 am #3438147

markusH-42

Here is the debug information.
I've added the buttons on the site "Kühlelemente" (in english: "Refrigerants")

March 24, 2019 at 9:43 am #3448045

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

To further debug this issue, please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site (preferably staging site), so that I can look into your setup and debug the issue.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

April 9, 2019 at 7:11 am #3563357

markusH-42

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!