This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 35 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
August 26, 2019 at 7:32 am

pierreb-3

I am trying to: Add translations from Textmaster

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: I can give you access to the site admin

I expected to see: a translation job + possibility to complete it once Textmaster had completed it.
The translation job isn't showing at all, even though it created the job on the Textmaster interface.
Also, the xliff import is not working with the archive I got from the completed project of Textmaster.

Instead, I got: No translation job showing, no xliff import working
I can also provide you with the archive containing the xliff files from Textmaster

August 26, 2019 at 10:04 am #4457389

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1.- I kindly ask you to describe the steps to reproduce the issue in a specific case or translation job. This way I will have a better understanding.

2.- Please increase the PHP Memory Limit. Minimum requirements are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
You can add this to wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' );

- Add it above the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Kind regards,
Carlos

August 26, 2019 at 10:36 am #4457717

pierreb-3

Hi, I added it to the configuration you can check again.

The job from TextMaster is not present, I think that's the problem... Why wouldn't it appear when the job was correctly created on the Textmaster platform?

August 26, 2019 at 10:40 am #4457721

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,
Thank you for your feedback.

Could you tell what translation job from TextMaster is not present? That will help me to reproduce the issue.

Regards,
Carlos

August 26, 2019 at 10:51 am #4457795

pierreb-3

Here is the zip archive with the xliff files: hidden link

I don't know if you can access the project on Textmaster, but here is the link: hidden link

+ a screenshot of the completed project

Kind regards

August 26, 2019 at 11:36 am #4458045

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,
Thank you very much for this information.

I would like to ask you to describe one specific case where the issue is happening. This way I can understand better the issue.

Also I kindly ask you to describe how did you sent the content to translate and the translation state in both TextMaster and WPML.

Regards,
Carlos

August 26, 2019 at 1:04 pm #4458867

pierreb-3

Here are some screenshots of what I did previously.
This time it seems to work...

Last time I also added strings from the theme (which is based on this theme: hidden link ), so maybe that caused it...?
Let's leave it at that for now and we'll see in the future if the problem arises again...

To fix the problem though, I would like to import the xliff files.
But when I try to import the archive, I get the following error: The translation job (40) doesn't belong to you.

How can I force this since the job isn't here?

August 26, 2019 at 1:51 pm #4459371

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,
Thank you very much for your feedback.

I'm glad to hear that the issue was solved 🙂

To solve the issue related to the "...translation job (40)..." you can follow this steps:
- Create another translation job of the same page -> Assign it to you in WPML -> Translation Management -> Translation jobs tab.
- Go to WPML -> Translations -> Download de XLIFF file from the new translation job.
- Open the new file and copy the value of 'original' that appears inside 'file' tag. This is the new job ID -> Then edit the old XLIFF and change the old value of 'original' to the one you just copied (from the new file) -> Save the changes in the XLIFF -> Import it in WPML -> Translations.

Best regards,
Carlos

August 26, 2019 at 2:06 pm #4459503

pierreb-3

Well... it's not really solved... let's just hope the problem doesn't come up again.

This way of fixing it... that's just crazy!
There's 14 files, I have to change it everywhere?
In the job that failed, there was some Theme string translations, how can I include them in the job?

Here, I have made a wetransfer with old and new translation, can you have a look please?
hidden link

August 26, 2019 at 2:52 pm #4459935

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

The steps I recommended are basically creating a new translation job of the same post/page and assign it to you. Then download the XLIFF file that corresponds to this new translation job, copy the new ID and paste it in the old XLIFF file correspondent to the translation of the same post/page.

Same steps can be applied to all XLIFF files regardless if they are from posts o strings. You just need to copy the ID from the new XLIFF to the old XLIFF.

Note: You shouldn't need to do this workaround as the translations from the translation service automatically updates the content.

Regards,
Carlos

August 26, 2019 at 3:11 pm #4460085

pierreb-3

If you look at the archives I've sent you, there's a lot of XLIFF files, with all different numbers.
How can I know which one are the good ones.
Can you have a look please?

August 27, 2019 at 9:02 am #4464063

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

You can guide yourself by the name of the XLIFF file or by editing the XLIFF file and searching the title of the post/page or the string to translate.

Regards,
Carlos

August 27, 2019 at 9:08 am #4464089

pierreb-3

But it's all from the same post... and the file titles are completely different.
Did you have a look at the zip archives I sent you?
I do not see the correlation here...

August 27, 2019 at 11:02 am #4465573

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

I took a look at the XLIFF files and there is something that doesn't corresponds to your explanation. One post/page generates one XLIFF file, so all the XLIFF files you sent doesn't correspond to just one post/page.

In this case, where the names of the XLIFFs doesn't correspond to the names of the posts/pages, you have two alternatives:
1.- Edit the XLIFF file and search for the title of the post/page or the string to translate. (as I mentioned in my previous message)
2.- Use a CAT Translation Tool to load the XLIFF files and be able to read them in a more friendly way.

Note: This files are not intended for final users to edit and change the values, there are basically a XML structure designed for translation services and CAT tools, that's why you are having a hard time working with them.

Regards,
Carlos

August 27, 2019 at 12:00 pm #4466167

pierreb-3

Thanks for your answer.

Actually most of them are from the same post, but I think there's different files because I am using ACF and this page has multiple extra fields....

I will look into it and let you know if I need more help, thanks.