We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: User was having the Media Translation notice on each admin page load even if he dismisses it every time. Solution: We found an inconsistency in a user meta which must be a serialized array rather than a string value. Once we remove this entry "wpml-media-welcome-message" from the database. Then click on the notice button and dismiss it one more time.

0% of people find this useful.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by cyrilD-7 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
May 8, 2019 at 3:23 pm

cyrilD-7

I am trying to:
Hide the Media Translation notice on my panel

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
It's in the admin panel

I expected to see:
The notice going away

Instead, I got:
It keeps showing up every time I reload a page on the admin panel

May 8, 2019 at 3:51 pm
May 8, 2019 at 3:51 pm
May 8, 2019 at 4:25 pm #3769015

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

We have been disconnected in chat. I would like to continue with you in this forum thread.

Would you like to provide a Duplicator package of your website so I can investigate this issue locally, this would also be useful if I need to escalate it to our developers.

https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Best regards,
Jamal

May 8, 2019 at 5:21 pm #3769521

cyrilD-7

Hi Jamal,
Where can I send the files?

May 8, 2019 at 5:26 pm #3769531

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Please use a sharing service like (GDrive or DropBox) and add the link to download in the private area.

Best regards,
Jamal

May 8, 2019 at 5:39 pm
May 9, 2019 at 9:49 am #3774779

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I was able to build the snapshot locally, the notice is always showing for the user fudzilla. I created a new admin user and the notice is not displaying for this admin.

I run all the cleanup actions on WPML->Support->Troublehsooting to no avail. I will approach our 2nd Tier team for further assistance and get back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Jamal

May 9, 2019 at 11:28 am #3775603

cyrilD-7

Hi Jamal,
Thanks for the update.
I'll wait for the 2nd Tier team.

May 9, 2019 at 2:33 pm #3777129

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Our 2nd Tier has suggested several manipulations to no avail, I escalated the ticket so they debug thoroughly this issue. I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Jamal

May 13, 2019 at 1:26 pm #3798729

cyrilD-7

Hi Jamal,

Thanks for the update, any lead on how long will the debug team take?

Thanks

May 13, 2019 at 2:45 pm #3799539

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Unfortunately, I cannot tell how long it should take. It will depend on the 2nd Tier team priorities. Once we got a reply, I'll forward it to you immediately.
Our apologies for any inconvenience.

Best regards,
Jamal

May 15, 2019 at 5:48 pm #3819197

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

We have found an inconsistency in a user meta which is used in the verification to show or not the WPML Media Translation notice. See the attached image, the value holds "d" and should hold a serialized array. I added another image after we fixed the issue.

Please remove this line from the database, then you will need to click on the notice button and dismiss it one more time.

Let me know if this resolves the issue on your website.

Best regards,
Jamal

May 17, 2019 at 2:45 pm #3835303

cyrilD-7

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!