This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The cart shows 0 value in foreign currencies. (WooCommerce Bookings)

Solution: Edit the product and in the "Rates" section set the "Set costs in other currencies manually" option then set the correct price in CHF and any other currencies. See the attached image below as a reference. https://wpml.org/forums/topic/the-cart-shows-0-value-in-foreign-currencies/#post-2829346

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by herveN-2 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Ricardo Alday.

Author Posts
October 16, 2018 at 8:14 am #2820020

herveN-2

I am trying to: to have customers able to order and pay with their currency

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The value of the order

Instead, I got: 0 USD or 0 CHF or ...

October 17, 2018 at 5:25 pm #2825493

Ricardo Alday

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.
In WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Multi-currency, can you check if you set an exchange rate or that the exchange rate is not set to 0?

Thanks,
Ricardo

October 17, 2018 at 5:33 pm #2825496

herveN-2

Hi Recardo,

Thanks for your message.

Exchange rates are okay. Please see attached doc.

In woocommerce bookings exchange rates are also calculated automatically.

I'm also looking for something like that, like a box to click...

Thanks again

Kind regards

October 17, 2018 at 7:17 pm #2825731

herveN-2

Ricardo,

I was rethinking about the problem and the exchange rates.

Everything is fine when you book the service, i-e: The correct value appears. But this value is not kept in the order. This except for Euros (which is the default currency of the site), i-e : in euros the order to cash process is okay. I'm scratching my head...

Thanks for your efforts, I still need help

Kind regards

October 17, 2018 at 10:33 pm #2826033

Ricardo Alday

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.

If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:

hidden link

October 18, 2018 at 3:20 pm #2828471

herveN-2

Hello Ricardo,

Still not resolved but I found something that might be useful to you.

In the files attached you see that there's a value in CHF. This value is correctly exchanged from € to CHF and it comes from the field "display cost" in "accommodation booking".

So it appears to me that the field "range type" is not scrutinized when buying in foreign currency.

I wonder why that.

Thanks a lot for your effort on this

Kind regards

Herve

October 18, 2018 at 7:25 pm #2829346

Ricardo Alday

Thanks for the info. I got it to work on my test site by editing the product and in the "Rates" section set the "Set costs in other currencies manually" option then set the correct price in CHF and any other currencies. See the attached image below as a reference.

Hope that helps.

October 18, 2018 at 7:33 pm #2829394

herveN-2

Thanks Ricardo,

I'm afraid that won't do as prices are seasonal (please see the attached curve of prices variations).

If that's all we can do, I would probably have to search for a plugin dealing with multicurrency and compatible with woocommerce bookings accommodation.

Do you think that's my best option at that point ?

Thanks in advance,

Kind regard

Herve

October 18, 2018 at 8:36 pm #2829610

Ricardo Alday

It still works if my calculations are correct.
For example, for October, the price is 169 Euros/night, correct?
Given that 1 Euro = 1.15 CHF then we have that in October, the price is 194.35 CHF/night
I booked 3 nights so that's 583.05 CH (3 x 194.35)
Plus the .72 Euros/night for tourist tax that's .72 x 3 (nights) x 1.15 (exchange rate) = 2.48
That's a total of 585.53 CHF.

See attachment below.

October 19, 2018 at 6:57 am #2830748

herveN-2

Hello Rocardo,

Sorry for this late answer.

That's great !

How did you do that ? Can we implement it on my end ?

Thanks a lot !

Kind regards

Herve

October 19, 2018 at 10:09 am #2831523

herveN-2

Ricardo,

My apologies, I forgot to mention in my previous message that I've just installed, yesterday, a new plugin having an impact on the price: Woocommerce product adds-on (version 2.9.7).

I use it to offer a price reduction on the booking page so that the customer see immediatly the impact on his cost.

Hopefully this won't annoy you.

Have a nice day

Herve

October 19, 2018 at 5:05 pm #2832754

Ricardo Alday

You can implement my solution: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/the-cart-shows-0-value-in-foreign-currencies/#post-2829610

Simply by setting the "Set costs in other currencies manually" option then set the correct price in CHF as I mentioned in my other reply: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/the-cart-shows-0-value-in-foreign-currencies/#post-2829346

Try it and let me know if it works even with the new plugin active.

October 19, 2018 at 8:03 pm #2832966

herveN-2

Ricardo,

You know what, I'm happy...

I stick with your solution consisting in :

1 - Under label cost in accommodation booking: Set cost in other currency manually
2- Enter the price in the default currency for all currencies (100 € in my case)
(no need to enter any foreign currency prices there at ranges side. I've left them empty - , please attached document)
3- Click update

And everything is fine. The checkout process works 100%, all the prices are correctly calculated in reference to :
>> the currency rates established under woocommerce multilingual > Multicurrency
>> the variable ranges of prices in euros fixed under accommodation booking

And that's all. Just that.

I did not buy any other plugin (too busy doing the translations everywhere on the site...).

So, a big big thanks to you.

Ricardo, I might abuse of your kindness but I've got another ticket opened and on which Lauren has started to work :
(https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wrong-display-of-the-message-you-have-switched-language-and/)
As I know you've got my database would you please agree to takeover the topic ? The issue still exists.

In any case, my issue with prices is now solved thanks to you. Therefore I close the ticket right after this message.

Thanks a lot again, I'm very satisfied.

Kind regards

Herve

October 19, 2018 at 8:05 pm #2832978

herveN-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!