This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 60 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
May 6, 2019 at 8:28 pm #3752561

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

One of our developers is currently working on this issue. Once I have more information, I will post here. Thanks for your continued patience.

May 9, 2019 at 6:33 pm #3778755

angelaG-5

Please let me know the status.

May 13, 2019 at 11:59 am #3797683

Lauren
Supporter

I have asked the developers for an update on this issue, and I will update here as soon as I hear back. Thanks!

May 14, 2019 at 4:57 pm #3809269

angelaG-5

HI Lauren, please share more information. This issue has been open so long time and it has moved to your dev team in April. Please let us know how close you are resolving the issue.

May 14, 2019 at 8:11 pm #3810487

Lauren
Supporter

Unfortunately, I don't have an estimated time to offer, as I must wait on our development team to complete debugging. As soon as I hear from them, I will be happy to send updated information. I do apologize for the delay, and I have asked again for an update.

May 14, 2019 at 9:03 pm #3810651

angelaG-5

Thank you for your reply. I would like to inform you that this entry was made in April 5th initially and then it has been more than half month since it was escalated to your Dev team. It means it has been almost pending one and half month. Is someone actually looking into this issue or are you waiting for a member of the Dev team to be available? Is there anything you could share such as what was tried or any information on findings or progress? This information would be helpful to plan for next steps.

May 15, 2019 at 12:39 pm #3816467

Lauren
Supporter

I can confirm that someone is looking into this, it is not waiting in the queue. I just spoke to one of our developers who is working on the debugging. I don't have any findings to share as of yet, but hopefully I will later today or tomorrow. I'll be sure to keep you posted here.

May 16, 2019 at 5:22 pm #3828273

Lauren
Supporter

Our developer has debugged this found a solution. Translations have not been applied because the custom field panels_data is being copied over to the translation within the data from the original post. I this custom field exists, it will d isplay its content instead of the post body content. So, setting this custom field to Do Not Translate resolves the problem, and the translated post body content will show up.

For the existing translated posts/pages, you will need to remove the custom fields from the database. Please see attached screenshots for clarification.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

May 16, 2019 at 5:59 pm #3828655

angelaG-5

I couldn't find the panes_data in Custom Fields page. Where do I find it? (See the attached screenshot)

May 16, 2019 at 6:27 pm #3828885

Lauren
Supporter

The custom fields setting can be changed by going to WPML -> Settings (in the custom field section). You can also change it individually on the page if you scroll down the page in the Multilingual Content section.

May 17, 2019 at 6:43 pm #3836557

angelaG-5

Thank you. We found it.

One more thing, you had mentioned "For the existing translated posts/pages, you will need to remove the custom fields from the database. Please see attached screenshots for clarification."

Where do I find the database page to delete it? I looked at the screenshot and went through the pages in WP but couldn't find it.

May 17, 2019 at 6:58 pm #3836573

Lauren
Supporter

You can access your database via your cPanel. Your hosting provider should be able to provide access for you. Then search the database for those fields.

There also used to be a plugin called Adminer in the WordPress repository, which allowed you to access the database from your WordPress dashboard. I'm not positive if that plugin is still available.

May 21, 2019 at 6:13 pm #3858065

angelaG-5

The translation is now showing. This is good. Thank you. But I started seeing some other issues which I am not sure if it is related to removing the custom field.

1) Some page formatting setting is gone.

There is lost formatting (padding, margins, styling). The home page has lost all it’s padding and margins.

Compare the layout of hidden link with hidden link.

2) Side menu is not showing. (See the screenshot)
3) Images are missing in the home page (See the screenshot, "Duplicate featured image from original" option is on)

May 21, 2019 at 7:28 pm #3858487

Lauren
Supporter

As the original issue is resolved may I kindly ask you please to open a new ticket for this layout question? This will also help other users with similar problems find solutions when searching the forum as well as we avoid mixing lots of questions in one ticket.

Thank you for your understanding.

May 21, 2019 at 7:49 pm #3858625
angelaG-5

But those issues may be caused by removing 'panels_data' and the French site needs to be used by our end customers soon so we need to resolve these ASAP. With the experience and findings you accumulated during your assessment on this issue, it should be less time consuming if you could look into those. I would really appreciate if you could at least fix those issued 2 and 3.

New threads created by Lauren and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-the-closed-issue-about-translated-page-did-not-get-resolved/

The topic ‘[Closed] The closed issue about translated page did not get resolved.’ is closed to new replies.