This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by angelaL-9 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
September 2, 2019 at 9:20 pm #4500055

angelaL-9

I am trying to: get the English version of the Privacy&Cookies Policy when clicking on the English flag. I can not link both pages (each version is saved in a different page). Also I can not delete the automatic translation of the Spanish version from the translation pending jobs.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: hidden link when clicking on the English flag

Instead, I got: the Spanish version again.

September 2, 2019 at 9:49 pm #4500097

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

Please, let me know if you need any additional details. Have a nice day.

September 3, 2019 at 1:38 pm #4504839

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I tried to access website with the provided details but unfortunately they don't seem to be correct. I get an 'invalid user/password' message, can you review it please? A renabled a private reply so you can send the correct access details safely. Thank you for your collaboration and patience, have a nice day.

September 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm #4513417

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I took a detailed look in your website and notice you don't have a completed translation for your 'Política de Privacidad' page, please proceed this way:

1 - In your WordPress Dashboard > Pages click to edit the english translation of your 'Política de Privacidad' page, you can click the 'cogs' icon from the list of pages to achieve this task (see attached screenshot).

2 - Now you should see the WPML Translation Editor, click to translate the title and content of your page and check all the translations as complete, save it and you should be done.

You will only see the 'link' for both pages once you have a completed translation for it, in other words the english flag will only appear in your spanish privacy page after you finish your translation.

Please, let me know if it works for you, have a nice day.

September 5, 2019 at 5:49 pm #4521209

angelaL-9

Thanks a lot. But the thing is that I do not need the translation for this page and consume with that translation more than 2000 words, since I already have another page that is already a translation (Privacy Policy page). I would like to cancel the pending WPML translation and instead, link the already translated English page to the Spanish one.
would it be possible?

September 5, 2019 at 9:20 pm #4522047

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I managed to make your existing 'Privacy Policy' page a translation linked to your 'Politica de Privacidad' page. Here is the steps I followed

1 - In your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Translation Management I clicked the 'Translation Jobs' tab and then I canceled the current translation job for the 'Politica de Privacidad' page.

2 - In your WordPress Dashboard > Pages I clicked to edit your 'Politica de Privacidad' page and added a duplication for it, then I replaced the duplicated spanish content with the english content of your 'Privacy Page'. You can see the results at:

English: hidden link
Spanish: hidden link

Note: The steps above didn't take effect to your translation quota as it was done manually instead of using the WPML Translation Editor.

Please, let me know if it works for you, have a nice day.

September 6, 2019 at 6:11 pm #4527119

angelaL-9

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!