This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
September 16, 2018 at 10:21 am #2738750

margusA

My default language is Estonian but plugin in English. For some reason it thinks English is Estonian on some strings. I tried to re-scan but still the same.

What would be the best solution to fix this, cuz if I edit the plugin the changes get overwritten with updates and I would imagine the same would happen when editing directly in DB.

Thanks.

EDIT:
Nevermind, the solution was under my nose, just needed to change string language.

September 17, 2018 at 5:13 pm #2742066

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. You can change the language of a certain text domain, please go to WPML >> String Translation and click the "Languages of Domains" link ( screenshot attached). Here, you can select the domain and change the default language to Greek language.

Here is doc for more details:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#original-language-of-strings

Thank you

The topic ‘[Closed] The correct way to fix mixed languages?’ is closed to new replies.