We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
September 4, 2019 at 8:27 am

Martin Schadegg Brønniche

I am trying to translate the custom product attribute for some products on the english version.
But the translation wont go through.
So far i've:
- Synced attributes under Woocommmerce -> Woocommerce Multilingual -> Attributes.
- Transtaled the Custom attributes under the single product found here WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Products

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: This is just one of the products that we are trying to translate the custom attributes to english - hidden link

I expected to see the english translation as the german translation if you click on the german flag.

Instead, I got the danish translation on the english version of the custom product attributes.

This is the strings: hidden link

September 4, 2019 at 9:24 am
September 4, 2019 at 9:24 am #4509671

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Let me know if creating a new product helped.

Thanks

September 11, 2019 at 7:52 am #4551207

There is still problems with this one.

September 11, 2019 at 7:53 am #4551209

I cant translate the attributes names to english. Have tried with a new product

September 11, 2019 at 8:14 am #4551333

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

That seems unusual, we recently released new versions of WPML plugins with fixes and improvements so could you please update the plugin to the latest version and let me know if this helps?

NOTE:

+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!). You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose. See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Further, can you confirm that you are still experiencing issues with minimal set up (all plugins except WPML disabled and the theme on a WordPress default such as Twenty Nineteen)

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] The custom product attribute for english products won't translate’ is closed to new replies.