This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by belalA-2 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
June 11, 2019 at 2:45 am

belalA-2

I am trying to:

the strings are displayed with string translation and I can translate them, but they are not displayed in the frontend at Dashbord when I change from English to German or Arabic translation.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
hidden link

I expected to see:
That the dashboard is translated or displayed in the respective language.

Instead, I got:

June 11, 2019 at 8:11 am #3993189

Dennis
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Manila (GMT+08:00)

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

Could you please increase the WP Memory Limit (your current setting is 40M). Minimum requirements are 128Mb:

https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

You can add this to wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

- Add it above the line

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ 

Also, I would like to recommend you to increase your max input vars, currently it has a value of 1000 in your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Support section.
Please, try to increase it to 5000. You might need some assistance from your host to properly set this up.

See:
hidden link
hidden link

Then,

-go to WPML > Theme and plugins localization. Be sure that 'Translate themes and plugins using WPML's String Translation only (don't load .mo files)' is selected.
-under Strings in the themes section, select your theme
-click 'Scan selected themes for strings'
-go to WPML > String Translation
-find and translate the strings again. check 'translation is complete' . click 'save'

Please let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Dennis

June 12, 2019 at 8:55 pm #4007637

belalA-2

Hello,

I've changed all the above settings, but unfortunately the string translation will not continue in Dashboard.

Please talk to your colleague / supporter Mr. Jamal. He has the same or similar problem for the customer "erkanT" edited and resolved on the DECEMBER 31, 2018 AT 8:59 AM under the ticket number / support number # 3044528.

Please let me know if you need my FTP access data for this, and if so, where should I deposit them?

Best regards

Belal

The topic ‘[Closed] the Dashboard translation at listingpor does not work’ is closed to new replies.