Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: A variation won't be pre-selected for the translated product on the front-end if the attribute slug has non latin letters Solution: The fix for this has been released in the WooCommerce Multilingual 4.5.0. One small detail is that after we release this fix, the user needs to go to WCML > Status > Troubleshooting page and need to run the fixes for product variations.

This topic contains 40 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 7 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
January 30, 2019 at 10:48 pm #3145776

georgeF-6

Hello,

I have problem with the Synchronization of the default variations of some products.

The products that have this problem are these that moved in bulk from the previous platform.

From all of the other products i have uploaded manually, their default variations are synchronized.

Kind Regards.

January 31, 2019 at 12:41 pm #3147855

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

When you say "The products that have this problem are these that moved in bulk from the previous platform.", I'd like to ask you the following:
- which platform was it - was it WordPress, Shopify, Magento or something else?
- how did you move these (CSV perhaps)?
- how many products are there?

You may also want to check this:
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/#variations

Regards,
Bruno Kos

January 31, 2019 at 2:59 pm #3148432

georgeF-6

Hi,

1) It was from Opencart.
2) I used a migration tool, not CSV or XML.
3) 265 products are these that I want to fix

(Actually 1370 moved with this tool but I dont have to choose a default variaton there, so no problem. I need to fix 265 of them)

Regards,
George

January 31, 2019 at 3:05 pm #3148465

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Would you be willing to provide me with temporary WordPress admin username so I could investigate the issue directly? I have marked your next reply private so you can safely add this information.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Please make a full backup of your site before sharing this information. Also, when the work on this ticket is done, please delete these temporary access credentials and/or update passwords.

Also, can you send me links to few of these products so that I can check what's going on?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

February 4, 2019 at 9:19 am #3156734

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

When I compare these products e.g. - can you tell me what should I be looking at what is not working?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

February 4, 2019 at 10:05 am #3156945

georgeF-6

Hi,

What I want is:
When you open the english version of a product, to have already the default variation I choose.

See the images.

At the backend, the english version has already selected the default. But is itsn't at the frontend. So it seems like a theme issue..

Kind Regards,
George

February 4, 2019 at 11:36 am #3157295

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I see now - so the issue is that "Default Form Values:" is set to "no default..." on English. When you say that this is a theme issue - have you tried checking this with another theme and saw it working?

If the theme is the culprit, I've found some of these workarounds:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/default-form-value-for-translated-woocommerce-variable-product-not-working/#post-1565226
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/default-values-for-attributes-are-translated-but-not-selected/#post-1366194

Otherwise we would need to replicate this on the clean installation and escalate to Compatibility team.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

February 4, 2019 at 4:16 pm #3158563

georgeF-6

Hello,

I have figured out why it does it.
Because I have used greek letters at some urls (door handle attributes/variations are one of those).

For example Wpml reads the url (τυπος-πομολου) like: %cf%84%cf%8d%cf%80%ce%bf%cf%82-%ce%bc%ce%b5%cf%84%ce%b1%ce%bb%ce%bb%ce%b9%ce%ba%ce%bf%cf%8d-%ce%ba%ce%bf

So it doesnt sych the default variations. After that,

I created a test attribute with greek letters and later I changed it in english. Variations are lost when i changed the url (from greek to eng). So is there any way to change the url from greek to eng without conflicts?

The test attribute is Name: haha Url: χαχα (in case you want to test it)

Kind regards,
George

February 5, 2019 at 7:44 am #3160622

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

That idea would never cross my mind as I haven't seen scenarios in which clients would change variable product URLs. 🙂

However, what happens with the variable product with changed URL if you try any of the following:
- try resaving permalinks
- clear WPML cache (WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting -> Clear the cache in WPML
- try syncing variations once again

Make sure to create a site backup if you gonna try the above.

I am wondering however if nothing above works - could you create a new language (like German - any with Latin script) translate any variation into that language, change permalinks on translation and try then? Given your setup, it might be complicated and not practical so I can provide a clean sandbox installation where we can test this without worries.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

February 5, 2019 at 5:41 pm #3163148

georgeF-6

Hello,

This happened by mistake from the bulk move. It should be in eng.

Unfortunately neither of these two methods work.

When I created an url to eng script and then changed it again in eng script, the attributes were lost..

So the plugin doesn't work with greek script in url, and also you can't change the url of an attribute.

Is there any way to change the url from the "core" of the code?

Kind Regards,
George

February 6, 2019 at 8:27 am #3164477

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi George,

I was wondering if you could set up the same thing on our Sandbox so that I could see this in clean installation and report a possible bug to our team?

If yes, let me know and I will set a testing sandbox server.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

February 7, 2019 at 6:18 pm #3171783

georgeF-6

Hi,

Yes I can set it exactly like my website.

Regards,
George

February 8, 2019 at 7:09 am #3173475

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi George,

Ok - please see my private reply then.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

February 8, 2019 at 6:37 pm #3176694

georgeF-6

Hi Bruno,

I've done it.

The same thing happens here 🙂

So you can test it.

Kind Regards,
George

February 11, 2019 at 9:32 am #3181701

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi George,

Thank you for doing it and going through the process :-).

Last thing - can you let me know step-by-step on how can I emulate the same behavior so that I could test and escalate?

Regards,
Bruno Kos