Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: A variation won't be pre-selected for the translated product on the front-end if the attribute slug has non latin letters Solution: The fix for this has been released in the WooCommerce Multilingual 4.5.0. One small detail is that after we release this fix, the user needs to go to WCML > Status > Troubleshooting page and need to run the fixes for product variations.

This topic contains 40 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 7 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
February 11, 2019 at 10:14 am #3181983

georgeF-6

Hi,

What I want:
The default variant of English lang to be synchronized with the Greek lang.

If you check the product "Πόμολο Πόρτας με Ελληνικα URL" the default variant in English lang isn't synchronized.
It is the product that i use Greek script in attributes.

But at the "Πόμολο Πόρτας με Αγγλικό URL" the default variant is synchronized correctly.
It is the product that uses English script in attributes.

____

Try to change the url of the attributes (screenshot attached) to see how it works.

Kind Regards,
George

February 11, 2019 at 12:11 pm #3182759

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi George,

I fully understand the the issue now!

I have escalated this to 2nd tier for an opinion and will get back to you as soon as I hear back from them

Regards,
Bruno Kos

February 11, 2019 at 8:46 pm #3185425

georgeF-6

Hi Bruno,

Thank you very much!

I am waiting for your response!

Kind Regards,
George

February 12, 2019 at 8:24 am #3187067

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi George,

Our 2nd tier checked this and I have escalate this further for debugging.

I will get back to you as soon as they come up with possible solution or a workaround!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

February 12, 2019 at 8:26 am #3187073

georgeF-6

Hi Bruno,

Thank you for your quick responses 🙂

Kind Regards,
George

February 12, 2019 at 9:50 am #3187573

Bruno Kos
Supporter

(changing ticket status)

February 20, 2019 at 10:25 am #3220795

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi George,

Our 2nd tier checked this, confirmed an issue and sent it to WCML developers. I will get back to you as soon as I will have any information related to possible implementation.

As for fixing it, I can't give you any dates, not even close. It could end up in the next release or in 6 months. This is totally up to developers - severity of the issue and number of reported cases (among other things) decide its queue on the list.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

February 20, 2019 at 11:43 am #3221346

georgeF-6

Hi Bruno,

Thank you very much for helping me 🙂

I will wait for the news!

Kind Regards,
George

February 22, 2019 at 8:41 am #3231391

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi George,

I am letting you know that the state of the bug fix is "in progress", according to our development team.

I will update this thread as soon as I will have news on in which version is it gonna ship in!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

February 22, 2019 at 8:46 am #3231402

georgeF-6

Hi Bruno,

Thank you for letting me know!

Regards,
George

February 28, 2019 at 10:05 am #3254523

Bruno Kos
Supporter

(changing Ticket status for internal purposes - please ignore)

March 16, 2019 at 8:55 am #3359405

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Based on internal bug tracking log, this is fixed and should be released in a next WCML release (I don't have dates, but hopefully soon). Also, tester has noted this: "One small detail is that after we release this fix, the user needs to go to WCML > Status > Troubleshooting page and need to run the fixes for product variations. After that, he can see the old product have the correct Default Label."

Regards,
Bruno Kos

March 18, 2019 at 2:00 pm #3369879

georgeF-6

Hi Bruno,

Thank you very much for the feedback and the good news 🙂

I will wait!

Best Regards,
George

April 5, 2019 at 8:39 am #3542185

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

The fix for this has been released in the WooCommerce Multilingual 4.5.0. Can you update the plugin and let me know if this works now?

One small detail is that you may need to go to WCML > Status > Troubleshooting page and need to run the fix for product variations.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

April 10, 2019 at 12:06 pm #3575785

georgeF-6

Hi Bruno,

I updated the plugin and did the troubleshooting process, but still it isn't fixed.

What could be wrong?

Regards,
George