Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: A variation won't be pre-selected for the translated product on the front-end if the attribute slug has non latin letters Solution: The fix for this has been released in the WooCommerce Multilingual 4.5.0. One small detail is that after we release this fix, the user needs to go to WCML > Status > Troubleshooting page and need to run the fixes for product variations.

This topic contains 40 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 7 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
April 10, 2019 at 2:17 pm #3577283

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

Can you try creating a new test product? Is it not working for new products also, or only for products that were previously affected?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

April 11, 2019 at 7:11 am #3584325

georgeF-6

Hi Bruno,

I will try it, but first can you help me with an issue that appeared yesterday?

I got this error:

/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/class-otgs-installer-plugin-finder.php

on many lines.

How can we fix it?

Regards,
George

April 11, 2019 at 7:49 am #3584541

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

For this, can you try this?
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/error-after-installation-3/#post-3027172

"""
3. Maybe the WPML files are corrupted. Try the following steps:
- Open the file manager provided by your panel. Alternatively, you can use an FTP client.
- Open the /wp-content/plugins/ folder
- Delete the "sitepress-multilingual-cms" folder. This will remove the error from the panel.
- Download a fresh copy of WPML from “My Account -> Downloads” on this site https://wpml.org/account/downloads/
- Install WPML
"""

And do this for all WPML plugins and addons you are using?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

April 11, 2019 at 8:37 am #3585179

georgeF-6

Hi,

I did the process with:

sitepress-multilingual-cms
string-translation
translation management
wocommerce multi

But still the error is here.

Regards,
George

April 11, 2019 at 9:57 am #3585891

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I see - can you open another ticket for that one, so we don't mix these two? Hopefully they are related and the one will fix another.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

April 11, 2019 at 8:46 pm #3592873

georgeF-6

Hi,

About our main issue,
when i check this box and start the proccess, it stops and again goes at 13908 left.

It doesn't work.

Maybe because some url from attributes are in greek?

Regards,
George

April 12, 2019 at 7:38 am #3595709

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I am not sure - it could be due to server timeout (this tends to happen on some hosts). I could try on my localhost to see if it works (since I've set unlimited timeout intervals) and if this also resolved the Greek url issue.

In order to debug this issue , I will install Duplicator plugin, will create packages and will try this on my localhost and possibly escalate further to 2nd tier.

https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Let me know if this is OK with you.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

April 12, 2019 at 12:56 pm #3599083

georgeF-6

Hi,

Yes it is ok.

Do you have the credentials?

Regards,
George

April 12, 2019 at 3:32 pm #3600253

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I think I have some good news for you :). Please check these products:
hidden link
hidden link

How did I fix them? I opened originals and clicked "Update" and that's all. So the issue is resolved and will work on any new variation you create in the same manner.

Now, there's another thing - you would need to do this for all affected products (and I don't know how many are these - hopefully not to many, only those using Greek alphabet).

Why am I suggesting this? I've tried to create a Duplicator package, but your site has almost 1GB of database in size and it would hardly work. Getting variation sync to work would be very difficult, as it would require further debugging and most likely, more server resources (which I think you may require at some point, as the site already has more than 3000 products).

Let me know what you think of all this!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

April 12, 2019 at 6:17 pm #3601179

georgeF-6

Hi Bruno!

Yes the update works 😀

Products are ready now!

Thank you very much for your support!
You are amazing!

Keep up the good job!

Cheers,
George

April 15, 2019 at 6:32 am #3610029

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi George,

Great to hear that! 🙂 Marking this thread as resolved.

Regards,
Bruno Kos