This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: After configuring the subdomain and WPML, the secondary language redirects to the primary language.

Solution: This depends on how you configured the subdomain. The domain or subdomain must be an alias of the primary domain.

At the link below you can see our step-by-step documentation on how to set up your domain.

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/2016/04/use-wpml-different-domains-per-language/

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.71 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nicolas 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
May 17, 2017 at 9:53 am #1277992

Nicolas

I am trying to: add (sub)domain for the Italian translation

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link and the Italian URL: hidden link

I expected to see: Italian version on it.vx-hotelphotography.com.

Instead, I got: redirected to vx-hotelphotography.com. However hidden link does work (Dutch translation on Dutch domain).

Steps to duplicate the issue: 3 languages. Select a different domain per language. 2 languages with 'unique' domain ( hidden link and hidden link) and 1 language with subdomain of the main language ( ex.example.com )

May 18, 2017 at 1:52 pm #1279296

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

This depends on how you created the subdomain. When you created the subdomain, did you point to the current installation directory?

If not, you must change the subdomain to do no redirection and use the current directory (WordPress installation directory) as the root directory.

Please, could you verify that following these steps does the problem persist?

Thank you.

May 22, 2017 at 11:49 am #1281522

Nicolas

Hi Bruno,

Thank you for the support. The issue is resolved.