This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
July 3, 2019 at 9:49 am #4134153

PATRICK DAHAN

i have a multisite plateform, with 20 website i have any problem
but in this one, i cant give the all the traduction permission to a editor
i use the plugin User role editor to give some right

in all the other website i see the wpml permission but not in this one.

July 3, 2019 at 11:50 am #4135585

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Patrick,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

Can you check if you set that user as a translator in Dashboard → WPML → Translation Management → Translation Roles area, please? If a user is added here, he should be able to create a translation. Can you have a look and tell me if this is what you were looking for?

Thanks,
Radu

July 3, 2019 at 2:49 pm #4137613

PATRICK DAHAN

hey Radu

yes the user is added there.
the issue is not that he can't traduce, it's that Hello don't have all the wpml menu so he can't traduce the menu for example...

July 4, 2019 at 8:13 am #4141097

PATRICK DAHAN

did you see the images ?
one is a normal wpml permission menu of my websites
the other image is the wpml menu of the website where i cant give all the permission to the editor

July 4, 2019 at 9:04 am #4141701

Radu
Supporter

Hey Patrick,

I checked the images but I couldn't understand what's going on. Can you give me access to this account that cannot see all the WPML options, please? Also, what's the permissions that you set to this account? I want to see if I can replicate this on my website.

Thanks,
Radu

July 9, 2019 at 7:08 am #4167921

Radu
Supporter

Hey Patrick,

Thank you for sending me the credentials to the dashboard area.
I checked the settings of the website and I could see that some plugins are missing from Dashboard → Plugins list (like the main WPML plugin) and I cannot access some other places either (like this page hidden link), even though the account you gave me access to is set to be administrator. Is there any other way I can see the list of all the plugins? Also, can you tell me what's the page that you are using to change the account roles, please?

Thanks,
Radu

July 17, 2019 at 8:51 am #4227831

PATRICK DAHAN

hello
usually i touch anything and i don't change anything in the account roles, but in this case the account doesn't have all the permission like you saw...

but i want to change the permission i'm going to /user and user role editor. but in this case there isn't any visible wpml permission.

go to this website visible on the same plateforme you will see the difference.
hidden link
on the joint pict you will see the wpml plugins of the website

July 19, 2019 at 5:32 am #4244047

Radu
Supporter

Hey Patrick,

Please deactivate all the plugins (except for the WPML ones), activate a default theme (like Twenty Nineteen), and tell me if this issue with the role is available. This way we can see if this is an issue coming from one of the plugins that you're using.

Thanks,
Radu

July 19, 2019 at 8:57 am #4245071

PATRICK DAHAN

the both website are in the same plateforme multisite with the same plugin
i don't think we can find something with this method 🙂

July 22, 2019 at 12:32 pm #4257187

Radu
Supporter

Hey Patrick,

Is there any chance that you could give me access to the multisite too? Maybe this way I'll be able to see why is this happening. I checked restaurants-waterloo site and I could see that I am able to see all the options from WPML using the administrator right of the account you already send to me.

Thanks,
Radu

July 22, 2019 at 12:37 pm #4257209

PATRICK DAHAN

Now you are super-admin
take care please.

July 24, 2019 at 5:59 am #4270463

Radu
Supporter

Hey Patrick,

Thank you for giving me "super-powers" 🙂

I checked a bit the user roles page. Can you add some more capabilities to the editor role, please? Here you can find a list of capabilities that a user needs to have in order to be able to do different changes on WPML: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-admin-capabilities/. Can you add some capabilities to some user roles and tell me how things work this time, please?

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] The editors haven't all the permissions to traduce’ is closed to new replies.