This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
September 20, 2019 at 2:32 am #4608801

georgeS-24

I am trying to: add, edit, delete products while I'm in the backend in the English language which works, But when I switch to the Thai language, none of the changes I made seem to exist.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The Thai language showing on the front end as well as the English language on the top left. The backend allows changes to be made while in the English language, but not in The Thai.

Instead, I got: Google translate. I input all the text in Thai that makes sense, but I'm still getting the Google translate that makes no sense.

September 22, 2019 at 9:10 pm #4619409

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey George,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

Can you give me a few more details about the changes that you're trying to make, please? Also, you attached a link from the dashboard area but I don't have access to it. Could you send me the credentials for it, please? I'll try to do the same changes on my website too and see if things are working differently.

The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

September 25, 2019 at 1:20 pm #4639069

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey George,

I just tried to edit the price of the product in English from $4.80 to $4.70 and the change is visible on both languages (English and Thai).

As you could see, there's a lock on the price field when you try to edit it on this page hidden link. This is the default behavior for the products, to have the price copied to translation.
Basically, all the elements that you can translate can be found if you press the pencil icon next to the Thai language on the right sidebar of this page hidden link. Can you tell me if you want to be able to translate any other elements other than the ones you can see on this section? If yes, please tell me which ones are these and I'll try to help you translate them. As I understand from your previous messages, the price is one of them (you'd like to have a different price for English and Thai).

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] The English and the Thai do not sync when we change the products, prices etc’ is closed to new replies.