This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
June 30, 2019 at 3:22 pm #4114359

claudioB-4

when I change the homepage in Italian, authomatically the English version desappears and I can only find the duplicate of the italian homepage.

hidden link

June 30, 2019 at 10:31 pm #4115001

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. I would be very happy to help you but I didn't fully understand what is the issue.

What do you mean, is English content overwritten with Italian content? If so, has the secondary language page been translated or duplicated? When a page is duplicated, the content is expected to always be synchronized with the default language. You can see more details in our documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/using-content-duplication/

If you have actually translated the page (and have not duplicated it), please as a test, could you disable all non-WPML plugins, switch to the default theme and see if the problem persists?

If the problem is fixed, please, enable the plugins one by one to see if there is any compatibility problem between these plugins.

Thank you.

July 1, 2019 at 5:32 am #4115685

claudioB-4

Hi Bruno,
I have disabled all the non-WPML plugins.
I have inserted an update to the ITA homepage and now the hidden link (english homepage) is a duplicated of the ITA homepage

July 2, 2019 at 9:02 pm #4130041

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

Unfortunately, I'm still not sure if I can understand the problem that is happening.

In your previous message, you said that the homepage is duplicated from the page in Italian, correct? If yes, before adding new content in Italian you must "unplug" the synchronization of page duplication. To do this, click the "Translate independently" button. I'll attach an image for you to see.

After clicking on the "Translate Independently" button and editing the content in Italian, is English content still lost?

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] the English homepage desappears when I modify the Italian homepage’ is closed to new replies.