This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: An error appears during the update process.

Solution: A reason can be an invalid site key and site URL.

Here's an outline of steps which help in the most of cases:

1. Generate a new site key (http://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/)

2. Unregister WPML from your site. You can do this by clicking the Unregister button in Plugins >> Add New and navigate to "Commercial" section.

3. Register the site again from that place.

4. Finally, go to Dashboard >> Updates, choose WPML plugins for update and click on the update button.

Here's a video, which shows you the steps above: http://screencast.com/t/59yTtuGTGFF

Leave a comment in this thread, if you still have the error "PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature".

50% of people find this useful.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices.

Last updated by Andrey 4 years, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrey.

Author Posts
March 17, 2015 at 12:44 pm #580117

Andrey
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Russian (Русский )

Timezone: Europe/Kiev (GMT+03:00)

We get some reports, where an error appears during the update process. It usually means that the download URL is malformed. A reason can be an invalid site key and site URL.

Here's an outline of steps which help in the most of cases :

1. Generate a new site key (http://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/)

2. Unregister WPML from your site. You can do this by clicking the Unregister button in Plugins >> Add New and navigate to "Commercial" section.

3. After, register the site again from that place

4. Finally, go to Dashboard >> Updates, choose WPML plugins for update and click on the update button.

Here's a video, which shows you steps above :
hidden link

Leave a comment in this thread, if you still have the error "PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature".

March 18, 2015 at 7:21 pm #581464

perC

I followed the video EXACTLY (but with my own regenerated key which was accepted). However, then updating I get that something went wrong while updating and the reason is that there is no update packade.

in Swedish:

Uppdaterar tillägget WPML Multilingual CMS (1/3)
Ett fel uppstod vid uppdatering av WPML Multilingual CMS: Uppdateringspaketet ej tillgängligt.
Uppdaterar tillägget WPML String Translation (2/3)
Ett fel uppstod vid uppdatering av WPML String Translation: Uppdateringspaketet ej tillgängligt.
Uppdaterar tillägget WPML Translation Management (3/3)
Ett fel uppstod vid uppdatering av WPML Translation Management: Uppdateringspaketet ej tillgängligt.

March 18, 2015 at 7:39 pm #581476

perC

To clarify: I do not get exactly ""PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature"."

Instead I only get that the update package was not available.

So maybe this post should be moved?

March 18, 2015 at 10:16 pm #581584

Ron

I regenerated site key, and all WPML updated EXCEPT CRED Front-End and Views, showed same error.

March 19, 2015 at 9:35 am #581827

Andrey
Supporter

@perc, @ron Did you try to update plugins from the Dashboard >> Updates page ?

March 19, 2015 at 9:46 am #581847

perC

Yes, the update was attempted via the Dashboard >> Updates page

March 19, 2015 at 10:17 am #581889

perC

See the screenshot!

March 19, 2015 at 12:49 pm #582103

perC

This solved my problem:

1. Backup your database and all WP files
2. Deactivate the existing WPML plugin and add-ons in WPadmin/plugins.
3. Delete the plugin files – this does not delete your translations. You will simply delete the plugin files from you "wp-content/plugins" folder NOT the database records.
4. Download the updated plugins from our servers and upload them to the plugin directory.
5. Activate the WPML plugin and add-ons.

March 19, 2015 at 12:57 pm #582112

Andrey
Supporter

@perc thanks for the update.

March 20, 2015 at 5:37 pm #584119

fraserA

That worked thanks. What a relief.

April 9, 2015 at 5:24 am #596190

christopherJ-3

To add some variety, I was able to update all plugins except WPML which would stall.

The issue was that although I was signed in as a user with administrator rights, it was not the original account through which the plugin was installed.

The solution was to sign in via the other 'original' account and the update worked flawlessly. I don't know why it should matter, however was a frustrating process of trial and error.

April 9, 2015 at 5:52 am #596195

Andrey
Supporter

@christopherj-3, thanks for the update !

May 6, 2015 at 6:55 am #612802

Andrey
Supporter

In case you get the issue described in the initial post, make sure to take those steps to resolve it.

If you still have the issue after, please open a separate new ticket.