Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
August 10, 2019 at 8:47 pm #4375933

rupertL

Hello there,

I've mostly finished to switch a customers multisite-site from qtranslate to wpml.
There's just an issue with the events calendar plugin from modern tribe.

As you can see at hidden link , when using the prev/next buttons, it switches to the german version of the events (only the list, not the site). It doesn't matter if I'm logged in or not. After reloading, everything is fine (same url with same parameters)

I'm searching for a solution quite a while and have turnded on the ajax cookie in wpml, but no change.

Specs are:

WordPress 5.2.2
WPML Multilingual CMS 4.2.7.1
WPML String Translation 2.10.5.1
WPML Translation Management 2.8.6.2
WPML Media 2.5.2
Yoast SEO Multilingual 1.0.1
Avada 5.9.1
The Events Calendar 4.9.6

PHP 7.2.17-1+ubuntu14.04.1+deb.sury.org+3

August 12, 2019 at 5:38 am #4378461

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hey Rupert,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

Can you tell me if this is the plugin that you're using, please? https://wordpress.org/plugins/the-events-calendar/.
I checked the compatibility status between the events calendar and WPML here https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/ and it seems that there are some known issues already.

However, I want to make sure that I'm using the same plugin as you are so I can test this issue and then report it to my colleagues, and even look for a workaround or temporary fix, if possible.

Thanks,
Radu

August 12, 2019 at 12:21 pm #4380705

rupertL

Hey Radu,

Yes, that is the plugin we are using.

Thanks for your help.

August 14, 2019 at 6:18 am #4392601

Radu
Supporter

Hey Rupert,

I tried to replicate this issue on a local website but I wasn't able to see this issue. In this case, can you use this website credentials:

Login: hidden link
Username: demo
Password: 2x7Ix7YcVb8W

configure WPML, install the events plugin, and create again the events? I want to see if you can replicate this issue on a clean install. Can you give this a try and give me a message back once you created the events, please?

Thanks,
Radu

August 14, 2019 at 2:53 pm #4396211

rupertL

Hey Radu,

I've edited the settings and added 2 events (per language) at your sandbox to recreate the issue, but it seems to work fine there.

Maybe you could have a look at our live page

August 16, 2019 at 11:33 am #4406095

Radu
Supporter

Hey Rupert,

Since everything works fine on a clean install, it means that there's something specific to your website.

Can you go to Dashboard → WPML → Languages → Language filtering for AJAX operations, check the Store a language cookie to support language filtering for AJAX option, and check again this issue on your website?

Also, you can try to deactivate all the plugins except for WPML (and its add-ons) and Events Calendar, activate a default theme (like Twenty Nineteen), and see how things work this time. This way we can see if there's any compatibility issue with some other plugin you're using (or even with the theme).

If this doesn't make things go back to normal either, just give me access to the dashboard area and I'll have a look.

The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

August 19, 2019 at 2:28 pm #4416903

rupertL

Since this is a live site, at which I can't deactivate all plugins I have to set up a staging clone for which I will give you access, if neccessary. Could take a few days.

August 20, 2019 at 12:07 pm #4423371

Radu
Supporter

Hey Rupert,

There's one more thing we can try, if you cannot work on the live website, and if it will take a couple days to set up a staging one. Please follow the steps presented here https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/, upload the duplicator package to Dropbox or Google Drive (or any other cloud storage), then send the link to me (it won't be publicly visible).

This way, I can create a copy of your website on my local computer and have a closer look at this events issue. Also, we can speed up a little the test (without having to wait for the staging website) 🙂

Thanks,
Radu

August 21, 2019 at 1:22 pm #4431777

rupertL

Hello Radu,

thanks for the offer. I've luckily just made a duplicator copy, I've uploaded it for you here:

hidden link

August 22, 2019 at 6:13 am #4436559

Radu
Supporter

Hey Rupert,

Thank you for sending me this duplicator package. I was able to create the copy on my computer. Once I left only the WPML (and its add-ons), The Events Calendar, and the theme required plugins active, the issue disappeared and everything worked fine when using the Previous Events button in English.

In this case, I think that you'll have to create a copy of your website (in order not to work on the live version), deactivate all the plugin, and activate them back one-by-one, in order to see which one is causing this issue.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] The Event Calendar Prev/Next switches languages’ is closed to new replies.