Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 26 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
December 11, 2018 at 2:04 am #2986504

paulL-22

I am trying to: have event feature in English and french

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see: The french translation moving forward when the event date is ends

Instead, I got: no moving forward

December 11, 2018 at 2:18 am #2986616

paulL-22

It's about scheduled events. For example, for recurrent event that will happen every Sunday. The scheduled event for the English version works fine but the translated version (French) didn't move forward once the date of the event ends.

December 11, 2018 at 10:26 pm #2990589

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+02:00)

Hi.

Could you please tell me what enables you to add this events feature?
Is it part of your theme or a specific plugin?
If so, then please specify which theme and which plugin?

Also, you wrote: "The french translation moving forward when the event date is ends"
I don't understand what do you mean by 'moving forward'.
Can you please elaborate on this point?
Where can I see this on your site?

Thanks,
Itamar.

December 11, 2018 at 11:02 pm #2990677

paulL-22

The event feature is part of the plugin called " church content/pro". I said in the french version, the event didn't move forward, that means if I schedule an event for " Sunday Worship" every Sunday from 9am to 11am. The event is a recurrent event that means after each Sunday, it should automatically move forward for the next Sunday date and so on.
For example, I scheduled the "Sunday Worship" for every Sunday starting Sunday, December 9. After this date, the event will automatically move forward and display in the vent calendar for Sunday, December 16th and so on.
If you need the website login information, I can send them to you via a secure connection that you will send me.

Thanks.

December 13, 2018 at 12:01 am #2995122

paulL-22

Hi, how are you doing? Yesterday I replied to your post but you didn't get back to me. I really needed WPML help. Please can you get back to me?

Thanks.

December 13, 2018 at 12:19 am #2995172

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I'm sorry for the late response here.

The Church Content Pro plugin (hidden link) is not in our compatible plugins' list here https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/. Not being on this list does not mean that it is not compatible it just means we do not know yet if it is. So will need to check if the issue is replicable with on a clean WordPress installation. Then if it is replicable, I'll ask our compatibility team to see if they can find a fix for this issue.

I created a test website with a clean WordPress install. You can access it through this link:
hidden link
Through this link, you will be automatically logged in. (If nobody logs in the test site will be available for one week from today.)
Could you please install the Church Content Pro plugin and see if the issue is replicable on a clean WordPress installation?
Please configures WPML to the default language that is configured on your site and add one other language as the second language.
Please also make sure that you are installing the latest version of the plugin. Then please explain to me where and how to see the issue on the test site.

Thanks,
Itamar.

December 13, 2018 at 1:57 am #2995276

paulL-22

Thank you for your reply. I think this will not work because this a premium plugin and is available for one site. Furthermore, the author states the following:
Please be aware that a compatible theme is required for presenting content from these church-centric post types in a tightly-integrated manner.

Who this is for
This plugin is intended for a very specific audience. If you are not one of the following then this plugin will not be useful to you.

Users of official themes from ChurchThemes.com
Users of third-party themes made specifically for this plugin
Theme developers improving data portability for church sites.

Also, the environment of my site with a lot of plugin is different from your website. I think the best thing to do is to have access to my website abd see what happens.

Thanks. I am waiting for your help.

December 13, 2018 at 11:23 pm #2999657

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I get your point, but I also do think that we fit the third case.
Theme developers improving data portability for church sites.
After all, we are trying to help you and the plugin or theme be compatible with WPML, and we are developers. If the theme is needed as well so you can also install the theme on the test site. When debugging compatibility issues, the correct procedure would be to replicate the issue on a clean WordPress installation.

Nevertheless, if you prefer that I first take a look at your site backend, then please share the access details with me. Please add any relevant information that will help me understand and maybe find a solution to this issue. What I need to know is how I can see the recurrent event issue and where on the backend it is configured. Sometimes screen-shots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit, so if you like, make use of “upload an image” below the comment area.

If you need further help with this, please share the access details to your site with me.
I'm enabling private message for the next reply.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- - Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access. --

If I would need to debug the issue further, then I'll need a copy of your site. But this will be the next step.

Thanks,
Itamar.

December 14, 2018 at 11:48 pm #3003227

paulL-22

Hi, I am waiting for your reply.

Thanks.

December 16, 2018 at 12:43 am #3004884

paulL-22

Hi Itamar,
Do you forget me. I am still waiting for you reply.
Thanks.

December 16, 2018 at 8:13 pm #3006045

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and sorry for the late response. Please, understand that Friday and Saturday are my weekends. Thank you for the access details.

I can see the issue on your site on the 'Test' event that you have created. I did create an issue myself, but then I guess that I need to wait one week to see the problem. In any case, please try the following and see if it helps to solve this issue.
1. On the editing screen of the event scroll down to the Multilingual Content Setup section.
2. Press the 'Show system fields' link to show the system fields.
3. Search for the fields that are related to recurrence.
4. Choose 'Copy' for those fields. Please see the attached screenshot.
5. Press the 'Apply' button.
6. Update the English event and then the French event. Or better try to see if it works with a new event.
Also, I think that all the event fields (_ctc_event) that are not textual better be set to 'Copy'.
Check if it helps to solve the problem.

If it does not help this is probably a compatibility issue that I'll need to escalate to our compatibility team.

Regards,
Itamar.

December 17, 2018 at 11:57 pm #3010454

paulL-22

Hi, I am sorry, didn't know that you are off Friday and Saturday. I did what you told me to do but it's not working. Today, I am going to create another event and I will put all the system fields related to recurrence for " translate" instead of copy. I will tell you tomorrow, if this test works.

Thanks.

December 18, 2018 at 2:30 pm #3012624

paulL-22

I tried to put all systems fields related to "Recurrence" on "Translate" but it's not working either. I think you can forward the issue to your compatibility team.

Please forward it today so the issue can be solved as soon as possible.

Thanks.

December 18, 2018 at 10:16 pm #3013949

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for trying my suggestions.

I've installed the Duplicator Pro plugin on your site and made a copy of it to test things on my local server and escalate the issue to our compatibility team (if needed). But I run into a problem that prevents me from checking the issue immediately. The shortest recurrence period is one week. So it seems that I have to wait one week before I see the issue. But you told me that you had tried my suggestions and they are not working. So could you please tell me a detailed step by step process of how I can replicate the problem and see immidietly that it is happening?

Thanks,
Itamar.

December 18, 2018 at 10:54 pm #3014035

paulL-22

Hi Itamar,
Thank you for helping me. The shortest recurrence period is weekly but not a full week. That means if you want to test the issue, you have to put the event on today's date. For example check the English version, you will see, once the date is over the event moves forward. To be clear, if I create an event with today's date (Tuesday 12/18/2018). The event will move forward once it's Wednesday 12:01am, and the event will be displayed in the home page at Tuesday 12/25/2018. It's based on a weekly basis but take the event day into account to move forward. To test it today, create an event on todays' date.
I hope this explanation could help you understand how the event feature works.