Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The events are not showing in translations.

Solution: - Go to the page editor - Now on the bottom "Multilingual content setup" metabox, click on "show system fields" - Mark the "_fl_builder_data" as copy and hit apply - Now update the page and it's translation.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by elsG-2 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
August 8, 2018 at 9:26 pm

elsG-2

I am trying to:
Translate events created by The Events Calendar plugin.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link = original dutch translation. hidden link = english translation that does not show events.

I expected to see:
All events are translated to English and my settings should be correct. I followed instructions on hidden link.

Instead, I got:
An empty list of events in English.

(Sorry, at the moment ftp access is not activated. I'm not able to only grant you access to the WP backend filling this form. If you email me, I can provide you with the crendentials of the backend.)

August 8, 2018 at 9:34 pm #2626590

elsG-2

Some more screenshots of the settings.

August 9, 2018 at 10:37 am #2628382

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

It seems like a theme/plugin conflict or a PHP error that is blocking some functionalities and creating such issues, so could you please perform the below steps and let me know if that helps?

Minimal Setup
If you disable all non-related WPML plugins and Event Calender Plugin, switch to one of default themes, the problem persists or not?
NOTE:
+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!).

Debugging
1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/ .
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem.
3. Copy and paste the contents of debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here for me to see.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

August 21, 2018 at 10:09 am #2662498

elsG-2

Can I give you credentials in private?

August 21, 2018 at 11:24 am #2662670

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I have enabled the private reply for you, you can send me the private login details in next reply, before that, could you please share me the results of this tests first? https://wpml.org/forums/topic/the-events-calendar-plugin-2/#post-2628382

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

August 21, 2018 at 5:10 pm
August 21, 2018 at 5:47 pm #2664261

elsG-2

I also tried the Events Manager plugin but same issue > https://wpml.org/forums/topic/events-in-events-manager-does-not-show-up-on-translated-site/

August 22, 2018 at 8:16 am #2666047

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Please follow the below steps to fix the issue:
- Go to the Groepsactiviteiten page editor
- Now on the bottom "Multilingual content setup" metabox, click on "show system fields"
- Mark the "_fl_builder_data" as copy and hit apply
- Now update the page and it's translation.

This should fix your issue.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

August 23, 2018 at 7:45 pm #2671439

elsG-2

Hi Shekhar, thank you so much, this indeed fixed the issue. 🙂
greetings,
Els

August 27, 2018 at 7:16 am #2677087

elsG-2

Hi Shekhar, the issue with the Events Manager plugin is something else, right? (https://wpml.org/forums/topic/events-in-events-manager-does-not-show-up-on-translated-site/) What does Itamar mean exactly by "use the native WordPress editor for the translation"? I changed the WPML setting to "Create translations manually" and saved the translated events again but that doesn't work.
tnx,
Els