This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Ahmed Ibrahim 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Ahmed Ibrahim.

Author Posts
February 20, 2019 at 8:59 pm #3223736

abdulK-2

I am trying to send a page to the translators via Translation management.
hidden link
the page has 535 words

but when i check it the translators site (iCanLocalize) the word count is showing just 1 word

February 21, 2019 at 6:26 am #3225066

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello @abdulk-2,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

It seems like some conflict is happening, would you mind providing me access to your site so I can quickly check the issue?

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. hidden link

These info is private, and available to you and supporters only. Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note that:

Backup (both files and database) your site before giving us your credentials. You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose.
See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Duplicator instruction
hidden link

It would be better if you give me the test site rather than the live site.

If the issues needs some changes in the plugins updates/disabling we will install a plugin called “duplicator” and replicate the site in our local server for testing.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

February 21, 2019 at 8:30 am #3225663

abdulK-2

Hello

is it mandatory to install Duplicator plugin?

February 21, 2019 at 8:34 am #3225678

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

You can backup your file using any preferred tool, it's not mandatory to use duplicator plugin. But I strongly request you to make a backup before providing the login details.

Thanks

February 21, 2019 at 8:39 am #3225714

abdulK-2

Here are the admin logins,
I have done a backup of the site

February 22, 2019 at 5:03 am #3230960

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I discussed this issue with our 2nd tier supporter and they suggested to cancel the jobs until we find the reason for this issue.

Also, would you mind providing your backup file, so I can escalate this issue to the 2nd tier supporter, they will use that backup file to debug the issue. I see a link for the backup file but didn't have permission so could you please provide permissions for me to download it?

When creating a backup you can exclude the uploads folder to reduce the backup file size.

You can update a backup link from the previous private reply if you wish.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

February 26, 2019 at 5:38 am #3243161

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hi there,

In order to be better help on this issue, I have escalated this issue to our 2nd tier supporter.

Our 2nd tier supporter will take a look at this issue. Once they provide any feedback, I will get back to you with those feedback here.

Thanks

February 26, 2019 at 4:22 pm #3246087

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi, this is Ahmed Ibrahim from the 2nd tier support team.

We can see that you have created a project in ICL to translate your missing words here:
https://www.icanlocalize.com/projects/209205/revisions/215877.

So which are documents that have been sent and needs to be retrieved? I also see that you have some documents with 1 word, so please let me know which one of them needs to be sent again to ICL, I just want to make sure that we don't send content twice for translation.

Best Regards.

February 27, 2019 at 11:26 am #3249799

abdulK-2

here are the other pages i am trying to send:

hidden link
hidden link

February 27, 2019 at 7:08 pm #3252286

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

I can see that you are already sent the: hidden link but it has sent with only 4 words, so I will need to cancel it and try to re-send it again to see what is going wrong, so please confirm with me if this is ok with you.

Best Regards.

February 27, 2019 at 7:11 pm #3252287

abdulK-2

Yes please you can go ahead and cancel it and send it again

Thank you

February 27, 2019 at 7:12 pm #3252288

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

ok thanks, I will check it and come back to you soon.

Best Regards.

February 28, 2019 at 6:24 pm #3257024

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

I have cancelled the jobs and as I can see that the cache plugin was the main reason for the issue, these are the steps that I made to be able to send these pages correctly:
- Open the original page in UX builder and do any small update to the content, and reverted it back
- Purge the cache
- Re-send the page again to ICL.
- Check these for example:
https://www.icanlocalize.com/websites/75750/cms_requests/199351
https://www.icanlocalize.com/websites/75750/cms_requests/199348
They are now waiting for your payment.

So I suggest you to purge the cache and disable the cache plugin for now until you send all the content that you want to translate to the translation service.

Best Regards.