Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 37 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by cookingwithdog 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
September 3, 2019 at 4:52 pm

cookingwithdog

Hello,

I am trying to translate Chinese (Simplified) into Chinese (Traditional) with Classic Translation Editor.

As the attached image shows, the filter doesn't work properly. The Chinese Simplified content shows up as English content.

I went to the WPML troubleshooting page, cleared cache, pressed most of the buttons to fix the issue. I also cancel the jobs and re-send the translation jobs or Edit/Update the Chinese Simplified content but I got the same result.

Could you look into the issue?

I provided the admin access to my staging site.

* Please NOTE there are TWO kinds of username and password. One is for the WordPress admin and another one is for my staging site. The username and password for the staging site are described in FTP details below the WordPress username and password.

Thank you for your support.

Beat Regards,

September 3, 2019 at 7:06 pm #4506989

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

Hello,

i did the following with the page " Hearty Miso Soup Recipe (The Healthiest Japanese Food with Plenty of Vegetables)" and it seems to have resolved this

go to WPML->Translation Management->Translation Jobs -> filter by search for ""Hearty Miso Soup Recipe (The Healthiest Japanese Food with Plenty of Vegetables)" then delete the job from English to Chinese Traditional

afterwards i re send the job and it was picked up correctly

September 6, 2019 at 1:32 am #4522247

cookingwithdog

Sorry for my late reply. Unfortunately, the issue still exists.

I want to translate Chinese (Simplified) into Chinese (Traditional) with Classic Translation Editor.

I sent the Chinese Simplified posts to Translation Basket for Chinese Traditional. I got the same result as shown in the previous screenshot. The Chinese Simplified content shows up as English content.

Could you check the staging site again?

September 6, 2019 at 9:35 am #4524391

Bobby
Supporter

I am trying to reproduce the behavior on a staging environment and will update you shortly

September 6, 2019 at 9:43 am #4524547

cookingwithdog

The following posts show up as English posts when sending jobs from Chinese Simplified to Traditional.

亲子丼食谱
章鱼小丸子和虾仁小丸子食谱
营养的味增汤料理

Thank you so much!

September 9, 2019 at 7:14 pm #4539887

Bobby
Supporter

The issue has been escalated to our second tier and i will be updating you once i have news

September 10, 2019 at 9:22 am #4543575

cookingwithdog

Thank you for bringing this issue to your second-tier support team! I will wait for your update.

September 11, 2019 at 7:28 am #4551077

cookingwithdog

I would like to report another issue that probably relates to this filtering issue. Please check the 2 screenshots.

When your language is set to English at the top admin bar and you press "Send all items for translation" on Translation Basket, English Taxonomies show up instead of Chinese in Original Chinese Simplified.

If your language is set to Chinese Simplified at the top admin bar on Translation Basket, correct Chinese Taxonomies show up.

You can reproduce this issue in the following recipes.
糖醋莲藕肉丸食谱
基本挞皮的做法
杏仁奶油苹果挞食谱

September 12, 2019 at 11:52 pm #4564433

cookingwithdog

Since we installed WPML 4.3.0-b.8, you might see the message "There was a problem creating the .mo files" on my staging site now.

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-4-3-0-beta-error-message-there-was-a-problem-creating-the-mo-files/

Sorry for the inconvenience.

September 13, 2019 at 8:10 am #4566377

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Bobby will not be available for a few days, If you don't mind, I'll continue with you on this ticket.

We still did not get another feedback from our second tier, to anticipate any possible escalation, would you be willing to share a Duplicator copy of your website? The access credentials are working for me. I just need your approval to install Duplicator and take a snapshot of your website.

Best regards,
Jamal

September 13, 2019 at 9:15 am #4566903

cookingwithdog

Thank you for your help.

May I wait for the feedback from your second-tier team if you don't mind?
This is not an urgent matter for me.

To make a copy of the site, I need to remove some data beforehand and I should be careful.

Best regards,

September 13, 2019 at 2:28 pm #4569435

Jamal
Supporter

Yes, sure. I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

September 13, 2019 at 3:53 pm #4569917

cookingwithdog

Thank you for your understanding!

September 16, 2019 at 11:27 am #4579801

Jamal
Supporter

I reached out again to our second tier and I'll get back to you as soon as I get a reply.

September 24, 2019 at 1:02 pm #4631779

Jamal
Supporter

I reached out again to our second tier for some tips to advance the resolution of this ticket. Without answer, we should probably take a copy of your website, or migrate it to our platform to escalate the ticket and let a developer investigate these issues.

Let me know which step you would prefer(duplicator copy/migration)?