This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by daniaT 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
August 6, 2019 at 7:05 pm #4350147

daniaT

the flag links to the contact page instead of the home page. THis appens in both languages

August 6, 2019 at 8:56 pm #4350499

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. I would be very happy to help you but I didn't fully understand what is the issue.

When I go to your site and click the contact link and switch between languages, it works correctly.

Can you please elaborate a little more so I can better understand? Sometimes screenshots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit so if you like make use of "upload an image" below the comment area.

Thank you.

August 7, 2019 at 11:46 am #4354507

daniaT

Clicking on either flag redirects to the contact page of the respective language and NOT to the home page

August 7, 2019 at 7:17 pm #4357671

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for the screenshot. Now I see the problem you are reporting. This seems to be a compatibility issue. By default, WPML does not change language selector links.

Please as a test, could you disable all non-WPML plugins, switch to the default theme and see if the problem persists?

If the problem is fixed, please, enable the plugins one by one to see if there is any compatibility problem between these plugins.

Thank you.

August 14, 2019 at 11:23 am #4394499

daniaT

Hi Bruno, the issue is solved...actually I did not do anything. Maybe you guys found the compatibility issue and solved it for me? Anyway for now the flag links correctly. Thanks

August 14, 2019 at 11:24 am #4394509

daniaT

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!