This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.31 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 7 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
February 4, 2019 at 4:49 pm #3158757

haraldS-11

I am trying to: display the flag zh-hant.png

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: schommer-constantin.bondzio.de

I expected to see: the flag

Instead, I got: missing flag. I had uploaded a file with that name on my own. But the update of the plugin deleted my file. Could you please add the flag-file to the plugin? Thank you.

Sincerely
Michael Bondzio

February 4, 2019 at 8:42 pm #3159354

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

The WPML flags can be found on your server inside the folder \wp-content\plugins\sitepress-multilingual-cms\res\flags. The file-name is cn.png. Simply copy the flag to your desktop.

Now you can add it at WPML -> Languages -> Edit languages by adding a custom flag.

Please let me know if you do have any further question.

Kind regards
Andreas

February 21, 2019 at 7:04 am #3225133

haraldS-11

Hi Andreas,

thank you. But all other flags work automatically, why won't this flag?

Is there a way to change the short code of the language? Instead of zh-hant I would prefer zh.

Thank you.

Sincerely
Michael Bondzio

February 21, 2019 at 7:06 am #3225135

haraldS-11

Even in the admin section the plugin want's to display the file zh-hant.png, but it is missing. That is a bug in your plugin.

Sincerely
Michael Bondzio

February 21, 2019 at 2:34 pm #3228031

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hi,

If you could please verify the folder wp-content\plugins\sitepress-multilingual-cms\res\flags you will see that there are two Chinese flags available. Please take not that not all the flags from this folder are available on WPML by default.

You got two options here. You may select between cn.png and zh.png.

Please take a copy of the needed files to your local machine and then upload them as custom flags at WPML -> Languages -> Edit languages.

Kind regards
Andreas