Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by P-Derathe 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
April 13, 2020 at 6:34 pm #5898597

P-Derathe

Hello
When diplaying hidden link
or
hidden link
the menu shows all the french entries ... which is bad

Any idea of the parameter I have to modify ?

[REMOVED]

Best regards

Passcal

April 14, 2020 at 2:45 pm #5905495

P-Derathe

could you please copy and then erase the password in the previous mail ?

April 15, 2020 at 12:42 am #5908683

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I took a detailed look at your WordPress Dashboard and noticed some incosistencies between your french and english menu settings for the 'menu horizontal' menu. Please, proceed to your WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > Menus then change to the english language using the top admin bar language switcher and make sure the english menu has the same settings and parent - child level according the french one.

See: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/

Please, let me know if you need any additional assistance and clarifications, have a nice day.

April 15, 2020 at 9:59 am #5911963

P-Derathe

Hello Marcos
Thanks for your answer
I don't see (or understand) what you call "incosistencies"
The EN main menu called "menu horizontal-tabbed - Anglais" is the traduction or the FR main menu called "menu horizontal-tabbed". See the screean capture below.

If my parameters are good .. the french entries still appear in the menu see hidden link the fisrt french entry appears just after the flags : "Tunnels de dorage"

Best regards

Pascal

April 16, 2020 at 1:39 am #5917797

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I mean the mega menu settings and order are different between your french and english language.

I recommended you to compare both menus and manually adjust the english one to match the french mega menu layout and order. I see you have a dev website, am I allowed to adjust it, change settings, plugins, etc? If not, we can migrate it to our test server and then I can adjust it there without interfering in your dev website, this way I can provide you with the steps neeeded to fix it. Please, let me know, have a nice day.

April 16, 2020 at 7:29 am #5919439

P-Derathe

Hello Marcos
You're right this is a dev site .. you may chnage what you need to improve the menu. I let you work on it

Best regards

Pascal

April 20, 2020 at 9:00 pm #5953331

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the confirmation. I tested your menu setup again and it seems we have some compatibility issue between your mega menu plugin and WPML as it is not listed as compatible at: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/.

Before forwarding it to our compatibility team for further analysis we need to confirm the compatibility in a new test install. I will recreate the same setup at localhost in order to investigate it further in a clean test install, if the compatibility issue is confirmed I will try some workaround and I will let you know here. Thank you for your patience and understanding, have a nice day.

April 21, 2020 at 7:12 am #5955551

P-Derathe

Hello,
Thanks Marcos for your answer.
As you saw it i'm working withe the Max Mega Menu plugin (more than 300 000 installations and 5 stars) free + pro version.
hidden link
If necessary I can ask their team to get in touch with WPLM (but I'm not sure that at my level it would be efficient)
Best regards
Pascal

April 22, 2020 at 7:35 pm #5971733

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I took a some more tests and according the Max Mega Menu docs at: hidden link the translated menus only work properly with the option 'Adjust IDs for multilingual functionality' enabled from your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Languages > Make themes work multilingual settings.

I did it and it seems to be working properly for the turkish versions at: hidden link. As I deleted your english menu during my debugging and investigation process it is needed to be recreated exactly as you did with the turkish version.

I recommend you follow the step by step instructions from hidden link in order to translate all your mega menus properly.

Please, let me know if it helps, have a nice day.

April 27, 2020 at 1:25 pm #6002715

P-Derathe

Thank you Marcos for your effort.
Every thing loo fine.

Best regards
Pascal

April 27, 2020 at 1:27 pm #6002727

P-Derathe

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!