Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by goranF 5 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Ross.

Author Posts
April 20, 2015 at 6:41 am #602159

goranF

I have recently translated my site to spanish and I am trying to synchronize the product categories. The function "Synchronize Product Categories -> Update product categories for all translated products" are freezing after clicking that button. See attached picture. All products are translated and all categories are translated.

April 20, 2015 at 7:42 pm #602784

Ross

Thank you for contacting WPML support, I'd be delighted to assist!

I appreciate the screenshot and debug information, thank you!

What we can do is increase your PHP Maximum Execution Time so the script has enough time to run before PHP terminates the script.

By default, the maximum execution time for PHP scripts is set to 30 seconds. If a script runs for longer than 30 seconds, PHP stops the script and reports an error. You can control the amount of time PHP allows scripts to run by changing the max_execution_time directive in your php.ini file.

To change the maximum execution time, use a text editor to modify the max_execution_time directive in your php.ini file. For example, to set the maximum execution time to 240 seconds (which I recommend for WordPress), use the following setting:

max_execution_time = 240

Be sure to restart your web server for the change to take effect.

Let me know if you are able to make this change!

May 6, 2015 at 7:27 am #612833

goranF

My web hosting company changed max_execution_time to 240 and this solved the problem.

Thanks!