Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 14:00 8:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 13:00 11:00 – 15:00 10:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 19:00 13:00 – 17:00 14:00 – 18:00 16:00 – 20:00 15:00 – 19:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
May 21, 2022 at 1:11 am #11269485

lilianaB-5

I am trying to: The homepage can't be translated from English to Spanish. Please see image.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

IMG_5698 2.jpg
May 21, 2022 at 8:07 pm #11271703

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there.

Can you please let me know if you had the chance to try the steps mentioned at the URL below?

- https://wpml.org/faq/translation-status-stuck-or-displaying-the-error-wpml-didnt-manage-to-translate-this-page/

Please let me know how that goes.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

May 22, 2022 at 6:01 pm #11274271

lilianaB-5

Hi Mihai,

Thanks for your email.

I just tried that but it didn't work. The same message appears (WPML didn't manage to translate this page).

Please let me know what else I can do.

Thanks

May 23, 2022 at 8:05 pm #11284001

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there and welcome back.

Thank you for the update.

Can you please try the following recommended solutions (please create a full website backup first) and see if they fix the issue:

- https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-tried-to-translate-this-page-three-times-and-failed-21/#post-10789927

- and this, if the first one doesn't work:

1- Go to your database manager, for example, PhpMyAdmin
2- Go to the "wp_options" table, then edit the SQL and run the following query

SELECT * FROM `wp_options` WHERE option_name='WPML_TM_AMS';

3- Delete the 'WPML_TM_AMS' key
4- Go to WPML-> Settings, and select translate some
5- Resave the Translation Editor section
6- Make a minor update to the default language page
7- Update the translation

Kindly check this video example:
hidden link

❌ Please backup your website before the above steps ❌

Please let me know how that goes and if it fixed the issue.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

May 26, 2022 at 8:50 pm #11320627

lilianaB-5

Hi Mihai,

I tried the first solution and got his message: "Jobs could not be created in Advanced Translation Editor. Please try again or contact the WPML support for help."

I followed the video and tried the second solution as well, and I got the same message I've been getting: "WPML tried to translate this page three times and failed. To get it fixed, contact WPML support"

Now I can't translate de home page AND a new post I added two days ago, so the problems keep getting worse.

Please let me know what to do.

Thanks,

Liliana

May 27, 2022 at 12:25 am #11321013

lilianaB-5

I want to add that there are two WPML plugins that were unable to update. Those are Toolset Types and WPML Multilingual CMS.
This is the message: "WPML plugin cannot connect to wpml.org"

May 27, 2022 at 8:56 pm #11330645

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi Liliana and thank you for the update.

1. Please do this first: create a full website backup and then deactivate + remove the 2 plugins that you mentioned

2. After you do that, please go here (https://wpml.org/account/downloads/), download the plugins that you want, then go to your WordPress backend > Plugins > Add new > Upload > and upload, install and activate the plugins

3. Now you should have the latest versions. Please let me know if the issue is still happening. You can retry the same steps once again now that you have the latest versions.

If the issue is still taking place after you installed and activated the latest plugin versions, please share the website credentials in the private fields I enabled below so that I can also take a closer look.

I will be waiting for your response.

Mihai

The topic ‘[Closed] The homepage can't be translated from English to Spanish.’ is closed to new replies.