This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Diego Pereira 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
May 16, 2019 at 10:14 pm #3829539

azortourP

Hello,
So, im using the Ireca's theme and on my home page i have some custom fields that are working on my main language (Portuguese) as you can see on the 1st printscreen, but when i create my second language (English) the custom fields somehow bug and get all messy as you can see on the 2nd printscreen, i could really use some help.

May 17, 2019 at 2:01 am #3830173

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. This may be a compatibility issue. I searched the list of officially supported plugins and did not find the theme you're using: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/

I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please let me know exactly what steps should I follow to see the problem.

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

May 17, 2019 at 3:10 pm #3835491

azortourP

I dont have access to the ftp of the website, my client didnt want to give me the log in i dnt know why, and i have o create a acc for you then delete it when th problm is solved rigth?

May 17, 2019 at 6:45 pm #3836565

Bruno
Supporter

Sure. If you prefer, you can just set your theme in our testing environment, instead of sending us all the files and database.

Would you prefer that I create a testing environment for you to install and configure the theme and replicate the problem?

May 17, 2019 at 8:23 pm #3836841

azortourP

Ok, I have created an Account or you, do I send the credentials here?

May 20, 2019 at 4:50 pm #3849119

azortourP

Or do i e-mail them?

May 21, 2019 at 4:51 am #3851843

Bruno
Supporter

Thank you. I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please let me know exactly what steps should I follow to see the problem.

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

May 22, 2019 at 1:40 am #3859559

Bruno
Supporter

Thank you. When I try to log in with the credentials you posted above, this message is displayed: ERRO: A senha que inseriu para o nome de utilizador wpml está incorrecta. Esqueceu-se da senha?

Please, could you check? If necessary you can edit the private message above, which will be displayed with a different color.

Thank you.

May 22, 2019 at 6:36 pm #3868621

azortourP

I already edited it, sorry for the inconvenience. Im sure it will work this time.

May 25, 2019 at 5:59 am #3888829

Bruno
Supporter

Sorry for the delay. I'm still testing your site and soon I'll contact you.

Thank you.

May 28, 2019 at 4:02 am #3902653

Bruno
Supporter

Again, sorry for the delay. I tested your site in my testing environment and it seems like the problem happens because these fields were not added correctly.

In my test environment I solved the problem by following the steps below:

- Open the home page on the default language (Portuguese)
- Using the top bar, switch to the secondary language (English)
- Click on the "Edit with Elementor" button
- Make some changes and save changes
- This will make the design sync

That is, the problem is happening because some snippets of code have not been synchronized. You can resolve this issue by basically accessing the secondary language from the top bar and using the native interface of Elementor in the secondary language

Following the above steps, please, could you verify that the problem is resolved?

Thank you.

May 28, 2019 at 5:49 pm #3909169

azortourP

Good Afternoon, I tried to do what ou said, but it doesnt seem to do anything for me, is there any other way that I can make the desing sync?

June 1, 2019 at 12:29 am #3933737

Bruno
Supporter

Hello,

In my test environment, I was able to synchronize by following the steps above. I'm in touch with 2nd tier support so they can check what may be going on. At the moment, please, could you follow the steps below:

-I noticed that the Multilingual WooCommerce directory was changed to "X_woocommerce-multilingual". Please, could you please return to the original name "woocommerce-multilingual"?
- Update your plugins

Soon 2nd tier support will look at your ticket and when they answer me I will keep you informed.

Thank you.

June 10, 2019 at 5:19 am #3985185

azortourP

Sir, anything new?

June 10, 2019 at 1:23 pm #3987657

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi there,

Since Bruno currently has a few days off, I will replace him here in the forum. I hope this is OK for you.

I noticed that the _elementor_data system field is set incorrectly. The default value is "Don't Translate". Please try the following:
- Go to the edit screen of the page (original language)
- Scroll down to "Multilingual Content Setup"
- Click on "Show system fields"
- Set the "_elementor_data" and "_elementor_css" system fields as don't translate
- Do a small modification on the page content using elementor and save
- Go to the edit screen of the page and click on "Update"
- Update the translation and save

I also noticed that the theme have several custom elements that are not registered for translation. In this case, please send this documentation link to the theme author: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/how-to-add-wpml-support-to-custom-elementor-widgets/

Kind regards,
Diego