Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jelle 5 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
August 12, 2015 at 10:34 am #677955

Jelle

I am trying to:
Add a key. The plugin tells me to add: hidden link (notice the dot before www and see attached screenshot) to the sites overview to acquire a key.

URL of (my) website where problem appears:
hidden link

I expected to see:
Registered!

Instead, I got:
Key invalid for this site.

August 13, 2015 at 2:24 am #678474

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello.

This is indeed strange!

(1) Temporary Access to your system
Could you please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem? The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

(2) Basic Diagnostics
2.1 Please confirm that the entries in Settings > General > SiteURL and HomeURL are both set without this "." preceding the domain name.

2.2 Please try deactivating and reactivating the CMS plugin.

2.3 Could you please confirm that the same problem happens if you change the theme you are using to a standard WP theme like Twenty Fourteen?

2.4 Could you please confirm that the problem still exists if you turnoff all non-WPML related plugins and use the TwentyFourteen theme?

Thank you for your suport.

August 13, 2015 at 8:22 am #678617

Jelle

Hi Yvette!
Thanks for your reply. You were right, stupid mistake. The dot was also present in the SiteURL field..
It is fixed. Thanks.