This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Thomas 3 years, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Thomas.

Author Posts
July 31, 2016 at 9:51 am #983157

OlivierL

I am trying to: USE LANGUAGE SELECTOR TO DISPLAY MENUS IN FOOTER IN PROPER LANGUAGE
but when i drag the language selector widget in the footer area 1 for example - i get the error message "There are no options for this widget." instead of seeing a drop-down menu with my languages.
Here is a short video showing the issue: hidden link

I need to solve this URGENTLY as i need to deliver this website in 48 hours max.

Thanks by advance for your help solving this

Olivier

PS- the theme i am using is Prostyler

URL of (my) website where problem appears:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

Steps to duplicate the issue:

July 31, 2016 at 6:28 pm #983435

Tia

WPML Support is normally closed on weekends. A WPML Support team member will officially take over this ticket in a few hours but in the meantime I am here to assist.

The message "There are no options for this widget" is not an error. It just means there are no options for that particular widget. This is typical for any WordPress widget that does not come with options inside the widget itself.

Dragging the language selector to a widget will only display it on the frontend.

To select languages, style, options, etc we have a section for that in WPML > Languages > Language switcher options. This will affect how the language switcher widget displays.

Please see: Language Switcher Options:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/language-switcher-options/

I hope this helps. Please let us know if this resolves the issue or if it needs more investigation.

August 2, 2016 at 6:52 am #985619

Thomas

Hello Olivier,

I have taken over Tia's ticket.

Please let me know if you need help here.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Tom

The topic ‘[Closed] The langague selector widget doesn't work in my footers’ is closed to new replies.